Last Minute Resort Changes -- Help w/Decision!

BabyFu18

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone, we are currently booked at SOG for our vacation in about 2 weeks, but now we are thinking about staying somewhere else. We called and can still get a room at the Poly (Garden View) or the Yacht Club (Water/Pool View) and these two rooms are pretty close price wise so I'm torn.

We've always stayed in the MK resort area (SOG, Poly and Contemporary are the resorts we always stay at), but now I'm thinking maybe an Epcot area resort might be nice?

Opinions? We loved the Poly when we stayed there, so I know we will be happy there, just not sure about the YC. I mean I am sure we will be happy wherever we stay, are the rooms a lot different size wise? I know the Poly rooms are bigger than those at the YC but is it so much so that it makes a big difference? The YC has double sinks vs. most Poly rooms having just one sink in the bathroom but I think we can deal with that either way. However, the YC has SAB... But the Poly has the beach to watch fireworks... So it seems like both of them are great!

I think I'm going crazy switching at the last second, with next to no time to plan for it!

BTW we will be there for 12 days and we do not want to do a split stay, we prefer to get to the resort and get settled in for the whole trip. We will be ther over labor day weekend, if that makes a difference crowd wise at the pools and such. We are a party of 4, all adults and we will have two rooms (but of course no guarantee that those two rooms will be connecting or even close to each other).

I would go for the Poly, I love the theming and being on the monorail, or being able to walk to the TTC for Epcot.

and they have dole whips there!!:cool1:

I'd flip a coin :) Both great resorts (never stayed YC but have stayed BC and SAB is so fantastic) Can't go wrong with either resort. Are you booking with the military discount?

Yes booking with the military discount, that's why choices are kinda limited this late in the game. But like you said both are great so it really is such a toss up!

My choice would be the Poly. We've never stayed at the YC, but have stayed at the BC and while SAB was nice, we like the volcano pool at the Poly better. I love how it backs up to the beach with a view of the castle off in the distance. While the YC is great being within walking distance to Epcot and DHS, we love being in close proximity to MK and it's so relaxing lying in a hammock on the beach watching the fireworks. Good luck.

I like both areas. I actually prefer the room layout at YC/BC paricularly b/c of the double sinks and that there are no outer buildings. It's still can be a bit of a walk to your room, but not as far as the longhouses at the Poly. Not that is super far at the Poly either, but going during a rainy season, I like to not have to get wet again once I make it to the resort.

Y/C doesn't have a quick service restaurant which we do miss when we stay there and we also miss the monorail to MK, but we LOVE walking to Epcot at night or catching a late F! by just taking the boat over to DHS.

We find when we stay at a MK resort, we spend more of our evenings in MK and when we stay at an Epcot resort, we spend more evening in Epcot and take advantage of the Epcot restaurants. DD prefers Stormalong Bay to the Volcano pool. There is much more seating around Stormalong Bay than at the Poly.

FYI, the Quick Service restaurant out by the pool (Hurricane Hannas) is going under refurbishment today I think if that makes a difference. There is still Beach Club marketplace for QS and access to all the Epcot and Boardwalk restaurants though and Beaches and Cream.

As you can see we stayed GF in June and we are staying YC next week. Both resorts are beautiful with good service, nice rooms and convenient locations. I think you will be happy either way.

This is tough since the BC/YC and Poly are my two favorite resorts! While I love the Poly and its proximity to the MK, I say give the YC a try since you have never stayed there before! Below are some reasons why I think you might prefer the YC this time around:
-Bigger and better pool, which you will definitely want to take advantage of in the August heat!
-Proximity to both Epcot and DHS, which I consider to be more "adult" parks
-Proximity to nightlife and evening entertainment at the Boardwalk (i.e. jugglers, Jellyrolls, dance hall, ESPN Club)
-Biggest variety of dining options within walking distance (World Showcase, BW, S/D, YC/BC, etc)
-Smaller, but brighter and more nicely decorated rooms (IMO).. size should not be an issue since it will just be two adults per room
-Ability to just stroll into the World Showcase at night for a pastry from Norway or France :)

Good luck with your decision! You truly cannot go wrong with either of these beautiful resorts, but I say try something new and visit the Poly for dinner and fireworks viewing instead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter