last minute panic on airport transportation

Moomduck1

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I am in a bit of a panic. I cannot reach my travel agent. She operates alone and is away on vacation. Our ME documentation has not arrived and I do not expect it to arrive before we leave for our vacation (this Sun). I had not anticipated having to book travel to and from the airport. I have not flown before so I am 100% completely confused. Any advice?? thanks so much!
chris

Do you have your hotel reservation documents from Disney? You can take your confirmation paperwork to the DME desk to be transported by DME. As long as you are pre-reserved you are fine (and some people without DME reservations have found the DME staff to be accomodating.)

If you do not have your luggage tags yet you have two choices. You can pick up your bags from the carousel then proceed to DME check-in OR take your airline bag claim tickets to the DME desk with you and explain to them your bags are not yellow tagged but you would like DME to transport them. DME will send someone to pick up your luggage and have it transported to the hotel. (I would pick um my bags myself, but that is just an opinion.)

Best of luck, call DME if you have any other questions, they are very informative.

Hi,
I am in a bit of a panic. I cannot reach my travel agent. She operates alone and is away on vacation. Our ME documentation has not arrived and I do not expect it to arrive before we leave for our vacation (this Sun). I had not anticipated having to book travel to and from the airport. I have not flown before so I am 100% completely confused. Any advice?? thanks so much!
chris

OK--first thing, BREATHE, it will be fine. Now, the first thing you'll want to do is call DME, and confirm you have a reservations, if for whatever reason you do not, you'll be able to make one. I would call TOMORROW. The number is: 866-599-0951

Now, you will NOT have time to receive your yellow tags. You can handle this one of two ways.

1st: When you check in at the Welcome Center, give the cast member your baggage claim tags, so that they can match them up with your bags. If you wanted to be very thorough, you could take a picture of your luggage, and leave that with them as well. No worries on this, your bags will still make it to your room

2nd: If you are not comfortable with this, you can certainly claim your bags yourself, and bring them to the bus with you. This will delay your arrival at your resort, and you will also want to tip your driver for their help with your bags.

Don't worry too much about it. You will be fine.

At least call and try to make the DME reservation yourself, a minimum of twice if necessary. Get the name and city of each person you talked to.

Then you should be safe when you show up at the DME welcoming area.

THere is at least a rumor that two days before your arrival, you can make the DME reservation yourself without the knowledge or consent of your travel agent. It's as if your room reservation moves from travel agent control to Disney control much as seat selection on planes moves from phone reservationist and website control to airport airline staff control X hours before flight time.

I have 2 additional suggestions.........................1) tie some unique ribbons, tapes, or some other very distinct decorations to your bags; once you describe it to DME, it'll make it easier for their people to spot your luggage. 2) if you have a polaroid camera (does anyone still have one :laughing: ), take pictures of your bags and give those to DME at MCO.
Good luck, and have a wonderful trip!:goodvibes

. 2) if you have a polaroid camera (does anyone still have one :laughing: ), take pictures of your bags and give those to DME at MCO.
Good luck, and have a wonderful trip!:goodvibes

Good ideas! We tie ribbon to ours so we can spot it :)

Off topic I'll throw in that I read that Polaroid is stopping production of their polaroid film, if they havent already stopped. I dont know if there are 3rd parties that make it or not. What will dentists offcies do now for the 'no cavity club' :)

You can also give them your baggage claim numbers and they will find them by that. You can't just show up at the DME counter and be transported. You need to arrange it in advance.

Hi,
chris

Step 1. Next trip FIND A NEW TA! Sorry but if someone wants to be a TA then this is UNACCEPTABLE! And it explains why I won't use most of these "home grown" Disney agents! What good is the TA if they can't deal with issue because "I am on vacation":confused3

Step 2. As others have said. Just call DME. If they don't have you you can add yourself.

Step 3. When you get back, let your TA have it for "failure to provide service" and explain WHY you won't use him/her again!

Step 1. Next trip FIND A NEW TA! Sorry but if someone wants to be a TA then this is UNACCEPTABLE! And it explains why I won't use most of these "home grown" Disney agents! What good is the TA if they can't deal with issue because "I am on vacation":confused3

Step 2. As others have said. Just call DME. If they don't have you you can add yourself.

Step 3. When you get back, let your TA have it for "failure to provide service" and explain WHY you won't use him/her again!

I completely agree with Carol. I can't imagine my TA ever saying such a thing, or leaving me without support if she's travelling. She ALWAYS makes sure I have an alternate phone number of a colleague for emergencies.

Back on topic ... you'll be fine. Call the number you were given, and make reservations yourself. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it!! :) She did tell me before she left that she had priority mailed my documents to me. They haven't arrived. I guess neither of us expected that to happen!! Live and learn I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter