Last-minute One-night Trip

TikiRob

In a Tropical Hideaway
For a variety of reasons, I just booked a surprise getaway to WDW for one night in the middle of June for me and DD14. Here are our plans:
  • I’m an AP, so just purchasing two-day ticket for DD for $270
  • $85 round trip for 2 from CLE (kids fly free!)
  • Early flight arriving around 11:30am and rideshare directly to EPCOT
  • Rent a locker for our overnight backpacks
  • End of day, grab backpacks and head to All Star Sports for a night at $128 passholder rate
  • Check out with backpacks in the AM and head to HS
  • Use locker at HS for backpacks
  • Around 7pm, grab bags from lockers and rideshare to MCO for late flight
Anyone ever take an overnight trip like this? Is this crazy? Suggestions/advice appreciated!

Not to Disney, but did it once to NYC (got a deal that year with JetBlue for $20 round trip flights). A bunch of friends and I did it, and it was such a memorable trip. I say do it! I still don’t forget it. You can sleep when you get back!

Fromtier is aggressively checking the size of personal items. Personal item must completely and easily fit in the sizing box; including wheels, straps and handles. You're allowed one item. Any other bags, including pocket books must be.combimed
$99 charge if the GA says it's too big. The GA earns $10.

For a variety of reasons, I just booked a surprise getaway to WDW for one night in the middle of June for me and DD14. Here are our plans:
  • I’m an AP, so just purchasing two-day ticket for DD for $270
  • $85 round trip for 2 from CLE (kids fly free!)
  • Early flight arriving around 11:30am and rideshare directly to EPCOT
  • Rent a locker for our overnight backpacks
  • End of day, grab backpacks and head to All Star Sports for a night at $128 passholder rate
  • Check out with backpacks in the AM and head to HS
  • Use locker at HS for backpacks
  • Around 7pm, grab bags from lockers and rideshare to MCO for late flight
Anyone ever take an overnight trip like this? Is this crazy? Suggestions/advice appreciated!
I live within a half day's drive of disney and we've done similar trips. We've done 1 nt or a few quick 2 night stays where we decided to drive down 1 or 2 days prior, super last minute. I think your trip sounds great and so much fun for you and your daughter.

Sounds like you're already packing light but I would keep all your essentials handy and you should be good to go and don't forget your park bag if you have one. Make sure your bags will fit in the jumbo lockers, I don't recall the size but I think they fit most standard backpacks fairly easily. Have fun!

I love single day trips and we've done WDW in a day, so this sounds like fun!

End of day, grab backpacks and head to All Star Sports for a night at $128 passholder rate

It could be worth it to call and see if you can check in early once you land. I haven't done it at WDW, but GCH this last trip let us check in at 9:30am which I never expected.

Sounds like an awesome 36ish hour trip!
I did a similar trip in 2017 and it was a blast. I know some may prefer to try to check in early but that's using valuable park time!

Great advice. We will each have a backpack. Planning one with our pajamas, toiletries, day 2 clothes and the other with umbrellas, water bottles, and other park gear. Then we will just put the one bag in the locker. From the measurements, I think we could fit it easily in the large size locker. There are no jumbo lockers at HS.

My daughter has no idea we are going and I may wait until just a day or so before. My wife and I decided we need to plan some small trips one-on-one with our daughters before it is too late. We've always done full family of four trips. My wife is taking DD18 on a road trip to see Taylor Swift around the same time.

Great advice. We will each have a backpack. Planning one with our pajamas, toiletries, day 2 clothes and the other with umbrellas, water bottles, and other park gear. Then we will just put the one bag in the locker. From the measurements, I think we could fit it easily in the large size locker. There are no jumbo lockers at HS.

My daughter has no idea we are going and I may wait until just a day or so before. My wife and I decided we need to plan some small trips one-on-one with our daughters before it is too late. We've always done full family of four trips. My wife is taking DD18 on a road trip to see Taylor Swift around the same time.
Same here. We have 16 and 14 year olds and we know our time with them under our roof is shrinking. We just saw Taylor in April. It was amazing. Your wife and daughter will have a blast. I’m not that much of a swifty and she was incredible!!! Have a blast!

This sounds like so much fun! I would travel with just essentials! DH and I are going try this in winter 2024 to get a little sunshine and a break from the winter temps of the north. HAVE A GREAT TIME!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter