Last minute MURPHY live report from WDW and Universal 6/13-6/20

Thanks so much for sharing your Universal & WDW trip. I'm glad you had a fabulous time!! Now I'm really excited for December to get here. Sorry about the heat. The first time I took my DD was in June and to this day she says it was the worse trip ever. We're from Calif. Now we only go in December or Spring break.

Hey everyone, I'm spending the day at Universal. Then heading to WDW later. :)

I just uploaded more pics to Photobucket :)

Uploading my last 200 pics to photobucket now. This week went by so fast!!! :tongue:

Today I went to both Universal parks... did Forbidden Journey 4 times, Hogwarts Express twice, and Gringotts twice. Had lunch at the Leaky Cauldron and dessert at Florean's... love the salted caramel blondie ice cream. :)

Spent tonight at MK. Saw the parade, celebrate the magic, and Wishes. Had a dole whip, to cap off the night. Great day!

This week with zero plans turned out just fine. We covered a lot of ground, saw all the new stuff, and hit our favorites. Portofino was perfect, and the rental car was a breeze. I had no issue parking anywhere. All 3 times I went to Epcot my car was in close walking distance to the gate. Actually a shorter walk than the bus stops! I parked at the Poly twice, no problems there. Also parked at AK, again I ended up in close walking distance.

Oh, also went to Disney Springs twice, love the Lime parking garage, its so close to the shops. OMG speaking of the shops I went insane with all the new ones! HOLY COW!!! I can't believe how much that place has changed just since I was there in March. Crazy. :crazy:

I love the new Soarin' except I'm not a huge fan of the CGI elements. :rolleyes1 But I won't spoil it for anyone.

I'm already thinking maybe I can come back again this summer for another quick trip. Since I'm missing the Frozen ride and King Kong.

Any questions about anything? :goodvibes

Finishing your trip at MK! Perfect. I can't wait to see all the new shops at Disney Springs, I'm glad you were able to check them out.

Loved your trip report! I think you sold us on Portofino bay hotel. The pics were beautiful! We are at the beach club in August this year, but maybe next year we will venture over to universal!

Finishing your trip at MK! Perfect. I can't wait to see all the new shops at Disney Springs, I'm glad you were able to check them out.

I didn't realize they were adding so many. I admit I haven't paid close attention to the store names as they were being announced. It's a huge mall now!

We had dinner at DeLuxe and OHHHH MYYYY GODDDDD it was so good!!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: I had the barbecue burger with the fried onions :lovestruc the fries were so good too.

Loved your trip report! I think you sold us on Portofino bay hotel. The pics were beautiful! We are at the beach club in August this year, but maybe next year we will venture over to universal!

I love Portofino. From the moment we checked in we felt special. The resort has so much to offer, lots of food options, great pools, beautiful theme, and for about a fourth of what it would cost to stay in a WDW deluxe resort. Don't get me wrong, I love Disney resorts, but financially they are practical for people like me who want to go down every other month. LOL ;)

I just caught up, and you are home already...and planning your next adventure I hope. So much to comment on that I hope I don't forget the important stuff. Great MK and AK and HP pics! Love the Dooneys!!! Last ones to ride Soarin', that is pixie dust AND ride the new Soarin' SO COOL! I recently changed all my AK FP to evening to check out the nighttime stuff! For August, I called Universal to change from HRH to PBH but the suite we wanted wasn't available..it's a sign to stay put PLUS we have PBH CL booked for Halloween ;) I loved to see pics with you and Mom! Hope your travel home was smooth, and thank you for a great live report Erika, you're the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter