• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last minute DVC trip-- tomorrow!

TarraLee

<font color=blue>New TDS CM!<br><font color=red>Le
Just booked today, thanks to a great last minute package deal, so we're at $655 for 2 adults for flights, car, dining plan and DVC room. We're leaving tomorrow to spend the weekend at WDW! :cool1: Never been to F&W, so it should be fun.

Quick question about tickets--- should we do the DVC APs or get the 2 day hoppers? We know we're going back in April for at least 4 days (work conference). I don't know if we'll go another time within the next 12 months or not, we're having a baby in January. DVC APs would be roughly 700. I don't want to not hop if we go with regular tickets, so 2 day hoppers are around 180 each. What would you do??

Congratulations on such a great deal! Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

I'm not sure what I'd do about the tickets. Myself, I love those APs because it always gives me a reason to plan another trip before they expire, but that can be dangerous!

Lori is just like my wife. (LOVES those APs) I'm surprised nobody has chimed in to help you. I am not a ticket expert but it sounds like you are on the fringe, cost wise. If you still have time to think about it, I would probably go with short (2 day or so) hoppers. APs do require some commitment, IMO. I think my wife says if you go 7 times it's worth getting the AP. Good luck, & have a good time!

10 day hoppers with no expiration would leave you with some extra days to use anytime in the future. Those days will probably come in handy some year.

jekjones1558 said:
10 day hoppers with no expiration would leave you with some extra days to use anytime in the future. Those days will probably come in handy some year.

I agree! We love the 10-day no exp. hoppers! We do a lot of long weekends, and usually get 3-4 trips out of one ticket!

Thanks for the tips. I hadn't thought about 10 day hoppers. The 10 day hopper is even more than the AP (after DVC discount)-- 396 each for a 10 day with no expiration, which is roughly 800 total.

2 day hoppers-- appx 400 total
DVC APS--appx 700 total
10 day hopper, no expire-- 800 total

What a tough choice!
400 for 2 days seems a bit ridiculous when we know for sure we'll be there in April for at least 4 days.

I would do the AP and maybe even get a DDE card even though you are doing the dinning plan this trip the 20% off at the main places even on Drinks .Adds up the savings real fast.

Even though the 10day no-ex is a bit more it gives you the flexability of not using it in a 12 month time frame.

TarraLee said:
We know we're going back in April for at least 4 days (work conference). I don't know if we'll go another time within the next 12 months or not, we're having a baby in January.
People have already mentioned that there are reasons to buy APs other than the number of days you'll use them. If I didn't buy the APs at the very least I'd buy 6 day non-expiring park hoppers. Once you buy that many days additional days are only a few dollars a day; I'd buy the 10 day passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter