Last minute Cabana availability

mrp4352

DIS Veteran
Just a note to help you not give up hope when stalking cabanas on Castaway Cay!! We cruise this Saturday, and I logged in yesterday evening and we found several cabanas available for booking! I don't know if they were holding them, or if there were some cancellations, although I think they had been holding them since several were available all at once and none were available earlier in the day. I don't know if it's coincidental that it was the evening of the last day we could pre-book shore excursions.

Just a note to help you not give up hope when stalking cabanas on Castaway Cay!! We cruise this Saturday, and I logged in yesterday evening and we found several cabanas available for booking! I don't know if they were holding them, or if there were some cancellations, although I think they had been holding them since several were available all at once and none were available earlier in the day. I don't know if it's coincidental that it was the evening of the last day we could pre-book shore excursions.

This is good to know, but the price is what is stopping us from even trying to book. Is it truly worth almost $800?

Are you concierge? I was wondering if they were holding them for late Concierge sailings and my looking for a cruise in 3 weeks is fruitless right now because they won't release for non-concierge guests, even with cancellations. I'm happy to play the hourly checking game since it's so easy to do on my phone, but if there's no chance they open for a non-concierge guest anyways, I'll hold off until a few days before.

This is good to know, but the price is what is stopping us from even trying to book. Is it truly worth almost $800?

This is always the question. One way to consider it is to think about it as a per-person cost. If you are a family of four would you think the cabana amenities were worth $200 per person? If you have a larger family, then the per-person cost is lower.

Will you use the included snorkel gear, tubes and floats, bicycles? Do you have an infant that needs more shade and a place to lie down? Are you traveling at a time of year that may be rainy or chilly or windy and would like to have inside space? Do you want to spend the whole day on the island or enjoy some time on a less crowded ship?

This is always the question. One way to consider it is to think about it as a per-person cost. If you are a family of four would you think the cabana amenities were worth $200 per person? If you have a larger family, then the per-person cost is lower.

Will you use the included snorkel gear, tubes and floats, bicycles? Do you have an infant that needs more shade and a place to lie down? Are you traveling at a time of year that may be rainy or chilly or windy and would like to have inside space? Do you want to spend the whole day on the island or enjoy some time on a less crowded ship?
We are a family of four and bring our own snorkel gear, but would probably use the floats and bicycles. It would be nice to have our "own space" to have for the day on the island. I guess I still can't justify the costs though. :thanks:

We are a family of four and bring our own snorkel gear, but would probably use the floats and bicycles. It would be nice to have our "own space" to have for the day on the island. I guess I still can't justify the costs though. :thanks:

We never have either. The public areas at CC have always met our needs. Have reserved one a time or two, but then always let it go as the cost does not seem worth it to us.

If a Cabana is worth the money is a personal thing. People tick differently. for us not worth it when we sailed as we were lucky to sail when we never had to fight over chairs or a good spot. I have read of horror stories when ships are full and two ships are docked. We sailed last month on the Wonder, only ship and could pick from 100s of empty loungers. and had so much space. over at Cabanas it looked lonely . but some people want to be alone. I personally like having a small crowd nearby when I am at a beach. Had some nice conversations this trip.

Shhhh. Don’t try to convince MORE people that they are awesome! 😉 it’s already impossible for us regular folks to book. 😂

Thanks for giving my unicorn hope. I check daily a few times a day!

For our very first cruise we snagged a cabana at 20 days out from our cruise by using this same method. We also got cabanas on later cruises similarly, though further out. It is possible, though not guaranteed [we have also had cruises where we were not so lucky].

Good luck !

We got one last time. Headed strait to guest services once onboard and requested to go on the wait list for one. My oldest and I both have pretty bad anxiety, he also has some sensory integration problems and the cabana was so helpful. Sometimes just need a place to hide. We don't qualify for the handicap one because it's more for wheelchair users.

I just checked and it seems like they don’t dock two ships then why have I read Threads where people have complained? Or maybe I dreamt that who knows. Anyways my point was if you’re going to get a cabana and pay that in -my opinion insane amount of money - because you want more “space”. right now with the low capacity there’s space and plenty of it for everyone. Even if you don’t want people within a 20 foot radius of you

I just checked and it seems like they don’t dock two ships then why have I read Threads where people have complained? Or maybe I dreamt that who knows. Anyways my point was if you’re going to get a cabana and pay that in -my opinion insane amount of money - because you want more “space”. right now with the low capacity there’s space and plenty of it for everyone. Even if you don’t want people within a 20 foot radius of you
I know there have been times in the past where one ship is docked and one of the other ships passes by close enough to do a horn battle, but never 2 ships docked.

We had the same experience on our Jan 3-8 Magic cruise... 4-5 days before sailing suddenly a TON of cabanas showed up!

Sorry, just getting back after a lovely trip (where we sadly didn't get to dock at CC). No, we weren't concierge!

Are you concierge? I was wondering if they were holding them for late Concierge sailings and my looking for a cruise in 3 weeks is fruitless right now because they won't release for non-concierge guests, even with cancellations. I'm happy to play the hourly checking game since it's so easy to do on my phone, but if there's no chance they open for a non-concierge guest anyways, I'll hold off until a few days before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter