Last Day Breakfast Ohanna or Whispering Canyon

itsdisneytime

oh my, am i day dreaming about Disney again?
Hi all - I am curious - How do you feel about Breakfast at Ohanna vs Whispering Canyon - which would you choose and why?

I will be flying out and planning my departure day breakfast - it will be my daughter who is 20 and myself - she was wanting to grab a Dole Whip at the Poly before we leave Florida which is why she is leaning towards Ohanna.

Help me decide Please !

Where are you staying and will you have a car?

I love Ohana for dinner and I love Whispering Canyon for lunch and dinner, but I don't think either breakfast is great.

Where are you staying and will you have a car?

I love Ohana for dinner and I love Whispering Canyon for lunch and dinner, but I don't think either breakfast is great.
Howdy Captain America! I will be staying off site across from Disney Springs - This is a fast in and out of town - will will be coming off of a cruise and staying one night in Florida post cruise (so we can go to a Halloween Party) -- of course, my 20 year old thinks the thing to is rush out to a morning breakfast before we catch a plane and alas - it must be a breakfast option. ... also, she was preferring to go to the Poly because of the ability to grab a dole whip before we head to MCO. I will not have a car this trip I am an uber queen for the first time in forever haha ha ha
Thanks for your help

We love breakfast at WCC!
It looks fantastic! Do you know if the only place to get a dole whip is either in the parks or at The Poly? Is there something else easy we dont know about >> Its a must for her to grab on our day out and since we fly out the afternoon im asking about, i dont have a whole bunch of time

Howdy Captain America! I will be staying off site across from Disney Springs - This is a fast in and out of town - will will be coming off of a cruise and staying one night in Florida post cruise (so we can go to a Halloween Party) -- of course, my 20 year old thinks the thing to is rush out to a morning breakfast before we catch a plane and alas - it must be a breakfast option. ... also, she was preferring to go to the Poly because of the ability to grab a dole whip before we head to MCO. I will not have a car this trip I am an uber queen for the first time in forever haha ha ha
Thanks for your help
My vote would be Boma, though it doesn't scratch the Dole Whip itch. IMO it's the best "special breakfast" spot on property. Maybe your daughter could be persuaded that Zebra Domes are a reasonable substitute?

Whispering Canyon!
We did both a few months ago, Ohana plate gave us two small bite size pieces of ham in our skillet. Asked for more, the server laughed and said yeah, everyone requests more. Then we got two more bite size pieces of ham. Thank you Disney for considering my waistline.

Whispering Canyon....Killer breakfast. Bacon was real. Biscuits and gravy was awesome (I don't even eat biscuits and gravy). We went back for breakfast twice and thats now our breakfast place.

WCC is one of our favorite restaurants, but we don't like breakfast there. We tried Ohana breakfast for the first time in February and really enjoyed it. I think if your daughter really wants a Dole Whip, you should try Ohana. Just be aware that characters are returning on 9/27 in case you aren't interested in that.

Whispering Canyon!
We did both a few months ago, Ohana plate gave us two small bite size pieces of ham in our skillet. Asked for more, the server laughed and said yeah, everyone requests more. Then we got two more bite size pieces of ham. Thank you Disney for considering my waistline.

Whispering Canyon....Killer breakfast. Bacon was real. Biscuits and gravy was awesome (I don't even eat biscuits and gravy). We went back for breakfast twice and thats now our breakfast place.

Thank you so much! I am happy to say that Ive decided to do both places. We will do Ohanna the day we fly out and WCC the morning before *which is get off the ship day lol* whatever they call that ( i know there is a proper term). I cannot wait to try WCC now! Thank you!

WCC is one of our favorite restaurants, but we don't like breakfast there. We tried Ohana breakfast for the first time in February and really enjoyed it. I think if your daughter really wants a Dole Whip, you should try Ohana. Just be aware that characters are returning on 9/27 in case you aren't interested in that.
Lord Have Mercy - I guess we will be doing the Characters there then! My daughter really does want the Dole Whip and this was a trip planned around her Medical School Issues which are causing her A LOT of stress ... so, I am going to stay the course and let her have her way with O'hanna and I am going to do the WCC the morning we get off the cruise ship - thanks for the tips!

Thank you so much! I am happy to say that Ive decided to do both places. We will do Ohanna the day we fly out and WCC the morning before *which is get off the ship day lol* whatever they call that ( i know there is a proper term). I cannot wait to try WCC now! Thank you!
Disembarkation?

I don’t have much value to add since I haven’t eaten at either for breakfast, but now I’m desperately craving some bacon, biscuits and gravy. Mmm…

And also doing both is a fantastic choice! I usually pick that one too 😁

Lord Have Mercy - I guess we will be doing the Characters there then! My daughter really does want the Dole Whip and this was a trip planned around her Medical School Issues which are causing her A LOT of stress ... so, I am going to stay the course and let her have her way with O'hanna and I am going to do the WCC the morning we get off the cruise ship - thanks for the tips!

If you're on a Disney ship, they have Dole Whips on board...

We liked the O'Hana breakfast, but just really turned off by the cost cut ham serving. We literally looked at it and laughed. I may have chalked it up to just a bad day there, but the server was pretty clear that this was the norm. Hopefully it has been resolved by now.

On the flip side, we usually don't like Whispering Canyon for dinner, but prefer O'Hana for dinner.

We don't like the change O'Hana did with the chicken. The noodles are back but not the same to me. The bread pudding has been dumbed down too. I swear Disney must have a broccolini farm somwhere. They must have gotten a great deal on 20,000 fake plastic skillets somewhere as well. We still go, just less often than before.

You can easily get from WCC to Poly for a Dole whip either day. WL has a boat or Bus to MK both fast - the ride is longer but nicer. You can take a boat or monorail to Poly and Uber back from the Poly. Personally I hate Dole whips but my wife and son loves them they are however all over the place now in different shapes and form like floats and some different flavors but the original bad one that started it all is only at the poly and MK as far as in know:rotfl2:

GF Cafe then walk over to POLY for a dole whip or Kona at Poly for breakfast

I would choose 'Ohana! You might want to consider that characters will be returning to 'Ohana breakfast soon and check your dates if that would make a difference for you!

I would choose 'Ohana! You might want to consider that characters will be returning to 'Ohana breakfast soon and check your dates if that would make a difference for you!
I was told that in a previous reply - I appreciate the input - I don't exactly "mind" the characters -however, we might look like "those people" who are like "oh that's cute, thanks - no pictures needed - we are too busy stuffing our faces" lol

Disembarkation?

I don’t have much value to add since I haven’t eaten at either for breakfast, but now I’m desperately craving some bacon, biscuits and gravy. Mmm…

And also doing both is a fantastic choice! I usually pick that one too 😁
Yes ! That is the word I was looking for (thank you) -- I am also desperately craving Bacon, Biscuits and gravy now that you mention it.

When in doubt - take both! Right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter