Last Chance for a Summer Vacation Experience- August 2016 Weight Loss and Lifestyle Change Challenge

Good Tuesday Morning everyone.

We woke up to a hint of fall in the air. I know that summer will come back this weekend but for now we are enjoying the cooler weather this week is bringing.

So are you a fall person or a summer person?

Do you still want to hit the pool?
P1000383 (640x480).jpg
This is the pool at Animal Kingdom Lodge

Or are you ready for the cooler days and dun days that autumn brings

P1000693 (640x588).jpg

P1000694 (640x640).jpg

I love the summer but since it has been too hot here this summer I am ready for autumn.

Are you more diet conscience in the summer or the fall?

Are you more regimented after Labor Day or whenever your kids go back to school?

Have a happy and healthy day

How many new foods have you tried lately?

Probably not where you were going with this question but I recently tried Thai food for the first time and OMG yummy. Every time I do WW I try more and more fruits and veggies because I get tired of starving. This time around I'm more open to eating mushrooms and watermelon.

Well same old song here... I'm back to my same old crappy eating habits. So right now I can't say my eating habits have changed.

Right there with ya. Gotta take it one day at a time!

Are you more regimented after Labor Day or whenever your kids go back to school?

I think I'm more aware of what I'm eating in the fall. With Summer it's easier to go and get ice cream or other sweet treats and that's what I tend to indulge on. With fall I'm less likely to want to pop out for some sort of treat so it's easier to stay on plan. Plus that's when everyone gains weight and so I'm more aware of not wanting to gain weight.

I love the summer because I'm not working, but other than that I'm a fall person. I'm happiest in a hooded sweatshirt and jeans. I love a Saturday in the 50's watching college football and having a couple cold beverages. The problem with that is I also love eating wings, chips, or pizza while watching the games. I guess a nice veggie tray will have to replace those other things this year.

Last edited:

We woke up to a hint of fall in the air. I know that summer will come back this weekend but for now we are enjoying the cooler weather this week is bringing.

View attachment 189349

View attachment 189350

View attachment 189351

I love the summer but since it has been too hot here this summer I am ready for autumn.

I love the fall. 70 degree weather is my favorite. I love the colors of the leaves. I got married in October so we had the different colors. I do do much better with my eating when the kids go back to school. We are much more on a schedule then. I also tend to lose more over the school year.

View attachment 189349

View attachment 189350

View attachment 189351

I'm not driven by seasons, but I do best when I have a concrete goal and a deadline in mind.... And as of about 20 minutes ago I now have both to start working for.

I had decided to not tack WDW on to my October trip to Texas but these past few days featuring fall decor and F&W got me to reconsidering. I pinged the group to see what rooms to share were still available and nothing matched up to my dates. POP was only $100 per night but then flight times and routings were really crappy, so I said I wouldn't be able to do it. Then one of the gals pinged me and said she had POP booked for dates that aligned with me joining her before I go to San Antonio, and the flights were better so I'm now booked for a couple days at WDW arriving 10.18 and departing on 10.22! So now I have 8 weeks to get back down to where I was when I was there in May.

I'm a summer girl myself. I hate being cold. Love the sun. But that being said, summer makes it too hot to run outside often so I'm definitely looking forward to cooler (not cold!) weather for running. I'm also an October baby so I love fall and Halloween decorations.

Cooking during the week actually gets harder for me when the kids go back to school. Back to school means back to sports/activities that we take a break from during the summer. So that means getting home later and having less time to get dinner ready. This school year, DH and I are trying to divide and conquer. He's doing dinner tonight while I'm at soccer practice. Thursday we'll switch.

View attachment 189349

View attachment 189350

View attachment 189351

I think I like autumn just a little bit more than summer. Especially being in Florida because the summer is just too hot to run in and we can still go to the pool/beach well into the fall. If I was still living up north I might have a different story. I also love that autumn kicks off the holiday season.

I think I am more conscience of my diet in the summer because I am constantly thinking of how I look in a swimsuit or shorts etc.

I thought you guy could appreciate this story, we picked up DH's car tonight and the sales manager saw my Disney shirt. He starts talking to us about how his family goes to WDW all the time without him. He says my wife convinced me to go last time by renting me a scooter. He then starts bragging to us about how great it was that he got to go to the front of the line and not walk anywhere. He even said I would get out of the chair to go on a ride and people would say hey your not disabled and I would tell them I never said I was. He thought he was hilarious and said he would never do Disney any other way :crazy2:

Summer for the sun Fall for fashion. Going on Fall trips ruins my September fashion habits as I don't move on to fall thinking until October holiday is over.

The scale went up little for the last week and going down again to what was near the start of the month. Honestly it's really hard this month, even to maintain. I overdid it with exercise. I do feel less hungry/tired now after few easier days and able to stick to my calories plan (but calorie burn is also lower) but I will have to look into creating very strong daily behaviour goals for my next month and not weight loss goals.

I am disappointed! I feel I have consistently done the right things and this month the results are just not there yet.
:(
I am so close.... and yet it's real test to my determination. Also some doubt that I can reach my target (even after small revision) on time for October vacation is creeping up and once I start doubt myself too much I have given up in the past. I feel I need to get my motivation up again but this is easier said then done, right?

for healthy eating depends really. Historically pre vacation good post vacation taking it easy but this time was different. Summers are harder in general as we go out a lot more, fall and spring easier, winter hard de to December again

Last edited:
Good morning friends! Sorry I've been MIA since the weekend.... life is just crazy busy with 3 jobs, getting DS ready for to move to college, and of course stuff that life is throwing at me like a flat tire and cell phone that had to be replaced. Working my LAST day of summer maintenance work today, but of course, I'll be late because I woke up with a splitting headache. Oh well. If I dash now I'll be there by 8 am... not ideal, but acceptable.

I'll be back to chat by tomorrow at the latest! .............P

Wednesday Whoo Hoo - check out my WDW plan! All fast passes booked. This is the product of intense fast pass booking and adr changing over the last 24 hours. Well, I slept, worked, did a workout but I spend good few hours moving things around

WDW%20plan-1_zpszfff515v.png

Last edited:
WooHoo Wednesday!!

My woohoo's this week are going to be school related. My kids had a really good start to the year which is huge. This is the first year my son is going from class to class and I was worried how he would do, but he says he likes it much better. My daughter likes her teacher and is doing well.

My classes are going smoothly too which is a plus. I haven't been walking as much in the class, but now that most of my beginning of the year work is done, I'll be able to step away from the computer a bit more.

The weight is still coming off. It's not as fast as it was, but no complaints here. I couldn't sleep this morning (football stress) and I went downstairs and ran for 30 min. After the run my weight was down 3.5 lbs from Sunday. Some of that was just sweat, but some of that was legit too.

Football is really stressing me out. We have a home game Friday night and I'm trying to make sure everything gets done that needs to get done. Field needs to get painted, new flags need to be displayed around the stadium, and we have a whole new video setup to record games and I'm trying to get it all taken care of. There is rain in the forecast the next two days which really puts a crunch on when everything can get done. All this and I haven't even mentioned the actually coaching part of things!!!! I really need to delegate some of these other responsibilities to other people. I would love to be able to just coach and not worry about these other things.

200 days until our cruise - just get me through the next 200 days!

81% - 90%

I know, I know... yes, I'm still around. I haven't been as active here as I want to, but I have been active! I've gone from 199.0 to 194.5 since the start of this so almost at my 5 pound goal for the month!

A couple Wednesday WooHoos - I managed to not eat a single white chocolate macadamia cookie in the breakroom yesterday and today (someone set out an entire box, ugh!). Also, the other day I mowed the lawn and the self-propelled feature of the lawnmower broke. I'm the only person on my block who doesn't use a riding mower, so yes it's a pretty substantial lawn :) I was a sweaty mess about halfway through when the thing clogged with wet grass. Turns out all it needed was to be turned off and restarted and the self-propelled motor kicked back in. The rest was a breeze!! The woohoo is that I didn't let the lawnmower fatigue keep me from going the four mile circuit around the lake afterward!

@HappyGrape - your schedule looks phenomenal, I'm thoroughly green with envy! :D We are only going for a couple of days, and only one of those in Disney - but I'm still really excited!! We're doing two nights at Pop and a day at Hollywood Studios where we also signed up for the Villain Club party that night. Sunday and Monday we're at Universal and doing the HHN that Sunday night - can't wait!!

Good Wednesday Morning everyone

It is great to see WOOHOO's already

Time for a WOOHOO Party Parade

P1030331 (640x480).jpg

P1030328 (640x480).jpg

Congrats on the WOOHOO's already

I know, I know... yes, I'm still around. I haven't been as active here as I want to, but I have been active! I've gone from 199.0 to 194.5 since the start of this so almost at my 5 pound goal for the month!

A couple Wednesday WooHoos - I managed to not eat a single white chocolate macadamia cookie in the breakroom yesterday and today (someone set out an entire box, ugh!). Also, the other day I mowed the lawn and the self-propelled feature of the lawnmower broke. I'm the only person on my block who doesn't use a riding mower, so yes it's a pretty substantial lawn :) I was a sweaty mess about halfway through when the thing clogged with wet grass. Turns out all it needed was to be turned off and restarted and the self-propelled motor kicked back in. The rest was a breeze!! The woohoo is that I didn't let the lawnmower fatigue keep me from going the four mile circuit around the lake afterward!

@HappyGrape - your schedule looks phenomenal, I'm thoroughly green with envy! :D We are only going for a couple of days, and only one of those in Disney - but I'm still really excited!! We're doing two nights at Pop and a day at Hollywood Studios where we also signed up for the Villain Club party that night. Sunday and Monday we're at Universal and doing the HHN that Sunday night - can't wait!!

We LOVED HHN but with 9 year old it's expensive as we need to pay babysitter. As we only went one night before we decided to book RIP tour. It was amazing night! Sooo much fun

Woohoo Wednesday! First of all, I'm woohooing that it's Wednesday. Because I'm in need of a weekend. Long week already!

I'm also woohooing that last night I ran 5 miles! It felt so good to run that distance. My running has been so hit or miss lately. You'd think I'd be more motivated with the races I have coming up but I am just kinda in a slump. Oh well. I got to the gym and started to run. I felt sick around mile 2 but I pushed through and finished it out. I plan on running around 5 miles tonight!

Wednesday Whoo Hoo - check out my WDW plan! All fast passes booked. This is the product of intense fast pass booking and adr changing over the last 24 hours. Well, I slept, worked, did a workout but I spend good few hours moving things around

WDW%20plan-1_zpszfff515v.png
The gal I'm rooming with has added me to the reservation and it looks like I'm 54 days out, so I'll be doing some FP+ booking today as well.

Woohoo... Today is the first day of my return to healthful eating. I did stop at Starbucks on the way to the office but I got a banana to go with my Chai, cutting out about 2/3 of the points I would consume if I had gotten a pastery. I will start logging points again today as well.

Getting ridiculously happy about going to WDW. I'll be booking some FP+ today. I think I'm going to do the four parks in one day thing again... This time hopefully the weather will be a bit cooler and I can go for breaking my 30,000 steps in one day goal. Started thinking about vacation clothing as well... I think this time I'll sew myself some frocks that I can wear as dresses at WDW but put over pants for Texas.

And one last woohoo... This weekend I have my natural dyeing classes. Saturday is foraged plants and Sunday is indigo. I've really been looking forward to them.

My woohoo is that my kids are doing great with school. My son loves switching classes. I got to talk to my daughters teachers (she has 2) last night and I really like the one. Her main teacher I am not sure about yet but I think she will be fine. The one I really liked gave me so much information about how my daughter was doing in regards to her vision issues. She said last week one day my daughter told her when she hit her limit with reading and needed a break. She has never done that before. The teacher could also tell that she was nervous about what other would say so the teacher told her she could keep her book open but just not read so others wouldn't know. I sent the teachers links to everything that my daughter has and she said that she read through everything. There was so much information too. A 10 page document on the vision perception issues and then 4 other things she was diagnosis with and the links to what each one was. She did tell me even though we do not have a 504 plan in place they are making sure they are putting in place some of the accommodation that she needs.

Nothing exciting to woo hoo really. I guess my woo hoo is that DS had his first soccer practice last night and he had fun and liked it! And so far the school year is still going smoothly!

Good Wednesday Morning everyone

It is great to see WOOHOO's already

Time for a WOOHOO Party Parade

Congrats on the WOOHOO's already

I totally forgot that today was woohoo Wednesday. This morning my woohoo may have been that with the school year starting up tomorrow, I FINALLY had a day off. But of course, I got asked to work at school tomorrow (as a teacher, not maintenance)!! The stinking first day of school!! Yikes! I said yes, but I plan to make tomorrow's pay be FUN money.... GUILT FREE Disney money! I absolutely had every right to say NO and I didn't... so I'm going to be sure to have a bit of EXTRA fun with the money! So woohoo on FUN MONEY!

Woohoo... Today is the first day of my return to healthful eating. I did stop at Starbucks on the way to the office but I got a banana to go with my Chai, cutting out about 2/3 of the points I would consume if I had gotten a pastery. I will start logging points again today as well.

Getting ridiculously happy about going to WDW. I'll be booking some FP+ today. I think I'm going to do the four parks in one day thing again... This time hopefully the weather will be a bit cooler and I can go for breaking my 30,000 steps in one day goal. Started thinking about vacation clothing as well... I think this time I'll sew myself some frocks that I can wear as dresses at WDW but put over pants for Texas.

And one last woohoo... This weekend I have my natural dyeing classes. Saturday is foraged plants and Sunday is indigo. I've really been looking forward to them.

I'd love to hear more about your class. I was a home-economics major with a concentration in sewing and fabrics and I LOVE the idea of natural home dyeing. I actually did a project sophomore year on natural dyes.

Evening all! I have one more hour of this 24/7 shift and then I'm going to collapse into bed! I weeded for 5 hours at school today and painted for 3 hours. I am DONE~! And of course, now instead of a day of rest and relaxation (and laundry) tomorrow, I'll be working at school. Oh well. At least DS and I got most of the shopping and packing done last weekend.

I didn't have a big enough dinner (it was sandwich night because DS forgot to take the meat from the freezer when I asked him to) so I am getting hungry again.... time to grab some protein and more water!

TTY tomorrow I hope!.....................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter