Last Breakfast before flight out Chef Mickey's or 'OHana

ktmo

DIS Veteran
We are leaving on a Monday on an early afternoon flight. We are taking the transfer so I imagine that we will need to leave the resort around 11am to head back to the airport. We are staying at AofA, as of right now (although it will probably change).

Right now, we are not planning on hitting a park. So, I thought one last Character Breakfast. We have never done Chef Mickey's or 'OHana. I am thinking Chef Mickey's would be easier to get to. Right now, I have reservations there for 7:40am. But 'Ohana has openings a little later.

Any thoughts.

As far as location, I don't think Chef Mickey's is any different getting to than 'Ohana, other than taking a few more minutes on the Monorail loop (if that's how you're getting there).

Chef Mickey's is nice, but I personally like the food and atmosphere of 'Ohana better. If you want all the classic Disney characters though, Chef Mickey's is where you'd want to go. Have fun whatever you decide!

We're planning to eat breakfast at Ohana on the last day before our "flight" leaves ("Minivan Airlines"). It just seems like a good way to end the trip -- in a relaxed atmosphere at the Polynesian (I've seen other people post that Chef Mickey's can get pretty loud). We're also planning to stay there on our next trip so thought it would be a good way to bridge one vacation to the next. Besides, at Ohana they use the same word for 'hello' and 'goodbye'. ;)

Personally I prefer Ohana just because I love that it is family style vs. buffet at Chef Mickey's which is more work with small children. I also think their breakfast food is fantastic. Some people don't like it because they're not familiar with Lilo and Stitch. My kids love them so we've been several times. Chef Mickey's is good too. Since it is a buffet it has a bigger selection if you have picky eaters - even a cereal bar. You can't go wrong with either one.

The feel of the two resorts is so different. We like to take photos in the atrium at the Polynesian. It has a stunning background with tropical plants and waterfalls.

Ohana! Chef Mickeys is fun, but we love the Polynesian! Plus weve always had a better meal at Ohana. The food is served family style at your table, as opposed to the buffet at Chef Mickeys.

Chef Mickey is great for the characters but the food is better at Ohana.

At Ohana, you will usually get Stitch, Lilo, Mickey and Pluto. The food is brought to the table in a skillet. You get bacon, pork breakfast sausages, potato, scrambled eggs and Mickey Waffles. You can also ask for a bowl of fruit and you get a basked of different break. You can ask for seconds or sevenths :)

At Chef Mickey, it's a buffet so there is a bigger selection. You will usually get Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto. It can get really loud here, no matter what time you book this breakfast. It's very popular.

I would choose 'Ohana. The last 2 trips we have had breakfast at 'Ohana so I guess its become a tradition. The atmosphere is much more relaxed than Chef Mickeys.

We are leaving on a Monday on an early afternoon flight. We are taking the transfer so I imagine that we will need to leave the resort around 11am to head back to the airport. We are staying at AofA, as of right now (although it will probably change).

Right now, we are not planning on hitting a park. So, I thought one last Character Breakfast. We have never done Chef Mickey's or 'OHana. I am thinking Chef Mickey's would be easier to get to. Right now, I have reservations there for 7:40am. But 'Ohana has openings a little later.

Any thoughts.

If you want a more relaxed atmosphere, I'd go with Ohana. We've been to both many times and although we do love Chef Mickeys, Ohana is great as it's not as loud and the food is brought to your table, so there's no getting up and going through a buffet line.

'Ohanas it is. I just changed my ressie.

Thanks for all of your thoughts.

We're doing Ohana on our departure day - can't wait!! But, we're also staying at Poly, so we don't have the transportation issue in the mix. Good luck! Have fun!!!

My pick would be Chef Mickey's. I think it would be the perfect end to a trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter