las vegas to the grand canyon in feb?

blue donkey

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if the roads from vegas to the grand canyon in feb are ever closed due to weather conditions? I'm thinking of going ~feb 8th. I've always gone with a tour & have never driven it myself so I forget how the road conditions are.

Thanks,
blue donkey

We've been to the South Rim in late March, early April and they were having a heat wave of 90 degrees. I think you may need to do some research on-line about this ... also as the time gets closer, carefully check the weather reports.

I do know that the North Rim closes in the winter, but coming from Vegas, you would be asking about the South Rim.

Just don't get yourself stranded!! If you drive, make sure you have food and water with you in the car.

thanks for the reminder about food, water, & warm blankets. :goodvibes

Definitely thinking of going to south rim & not north. I have the road conditions phone numbers but just thought I'd see what others' experiences have been like.

I appreciate your input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter