Las Vegas hotel reviews

Judy from Boise

Watch out – might take away your
Joined
Aug 24, 1999
Please post your personal experience with Las Vegas hotels


Ceasars: (x2)
pros - it is attached to the forum shops, the new tower has very elegant rooms, has a "classy" vibe, good location.

cons- I don't care for the pool....too stark,theme is underhelming.

Tropicana: (x2)
pros- I love the pool complex,great casual restaurant, free shows in the casino,great views from most/many of the rooms,fantastic location

cons- the rooms can be very old and tired, very little "brag" factor.

TI:
pros- very few, fair location on the strip,maybe the pool
cons- many, I hated staying here!

Alladin: (x2)
pros- location, attached shopping, great buffet, fantastic Bellagio fountain view rooms!
cons- theme is underwhelming, many changes in the future.

Favorite hotels i haven't stayed at:

NYNY - love their casino, arcade,restaurants,rollercoaster etc.

Mirage - I will get there someday!
 

xmelissax

Mouseketeer
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Paris- I really like this hotel. The room was quite nice with pretty furnishing. The bathroom was marble with lots of counter space and separate shower and tub. The theming is wonderful, I just loved walking through the casino and shopping area to get places and seeing all the decorations. It also has a great location mid strip.

Excalibur- Quite honestly there is nothing I really liked about this hotel. It was dirty and the room was small and nothing special. It just didn't do anything for me at all.

Bellagio- Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Great restaurants, beautiful theming, great rooms. There is honestly nothing I DIDN'T like about this hotel.
 

Sherri

DIS Veteran<br><font color=deeppink>I never though
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
MGM- Liked it but it was a bit overwhelming.
Loved the rainforest cafe. That was a great plus.

Treasure Island- Was wonderful about 5 years ago when we stayed there. Loved the rooms and the casino itself. I have heard it has changed a lot since then though.

Harrahs- LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Harrahs.
Loved the area when you walk out is like a market place. Very lively, great location. Beautiful room.

Will be at Bally's in August, so I wll update this then.
 
  • PattiPB

    <font color=green>I'll be happy to learn the secre
    Joined
    Apr 29, 2000
    Judy: What happened at TI??? Enquiring minds want to know!! :smooth:

    Nobody has mentioned the Venetian---I'm surprised. The only all-suite on the Strip we've got. Nobody mentioned the main building of Luxor either, with the inclinators it's kind of cool. Neat Egyptian pool, too.
     

    BelleM77

    <font color=teal>I <img src=http://www.wdwinfo.com
    Joined
    May 30, 2002
    MGM Grand (lost count) - Love it, it's our home away from home. Just stay away from the West Wing rooms, they aren't worth the $$$.

    Bellagio (1x) - Love it. It's worth it to upgrade to a lakeview room and it's a great location.

    Mandalay Bay (1x) - Great place to stay and the room was a decent size. My only complaint is that it's too far away from everything.

    Excalibur (1x as an adult) - If you have kids or you are looking for a cheap place to stay, then it's great. I personally hate it there, but that is just me. I know people who love it.

    Bally's (1x) - Just your run of the mill hotel., nothing special.

    Paris (1x) - Great place with nice rooms in a great location.

    Aladdin (1x) - Nice rooms but I find the layout of the hotel is hard to navigate.

    Treasure Island (1x) - They are trying to make the hotel "hipper" but it's still the same TI. They added some new clubs and changed the pirate show. Nothing special about the rooms.

    And I've saved my personal best for last...

    Wynn (1x) - Everything about the hotel is amazing. The rooms are great, the views are to die for and the service is excellent. If I could afford it, I'd stay there every time we go to Vegas.
     

    Sherri

    DIS Veteran<br><font color=deeppink>I never though
    Joined
    Feb 2, 2005
    BelleM77 said:
    MGM Grand (lost count) - Love it, it's our home away from home. Just stay away from the West Wing rooms, they aren't worth the $$$.

    Bellagio (1x) - Love it. It's worth it to upgrade to a lakeview room and it's a great location.

    Mandalay Bay (1x) - Great place to stay and the room was a decent size. My only complaint is that it's too far away from everything.

    Excalibur (1x as an adult) - If you have kids or you are looking for a cheap place to stay, then it's great. I personally hate it there, but that is just me. I know people who love it.

    Bally's (1x) - Just your run of the mill hotel., nothing special.

    Paris (1x) - Great place with nice rooms in a great location.

    Aladdin (1x) - Nice rooms but I find the layout of the hotel is hard to navigate.

    Treasure Island (1x) - They are trying to make the hotel "hipper" but it's still the same TI. They added some new clubs and changed the pirate show. Nothing special about the rooms.

    And I've saved my personal best for last...

    Wynn (1x) - Everything about the hotel is amazing. The rooms are great, the views are to die for and the service is excellent. If I could afford it, I'd stay there every time we go to Vegas.
    First I have to say what an adorable cat.
    Second I have to ask about Bally's. I see you were unimpressed.
    I am wondering if I should try and switch to Harrahs.
     

    xmelissax

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Apr 21, 2005
    Sherri said:
    First I have to say what an adorable cat.
    Second I have to ask about Bally's. I see you were unimpressed.
    I am wondering if I should try and switch to Harrahs.
    I know this wasn't directed to me, but from my experience (I accidentally left it out of my reviews) Bally's is a fine hotel if you just want a pleasant, centrally located place to stay. It doesn't have any spectacular theming but it is nice enough and in a great location in the middle of everything. Also it connects to Paris without having to leave the hotel or go outside so you can access their casino, restaurants, and shops easily. It just depends on what you're looking for , but if you're ok with the fact that it's more plain that some of the other hotels than go for it. I've not been to Harrah's so I'm not sure how it compares.
     
  • tinkermell

    <font color=purple>Th boards are going nuts!<br><f
    Joined
    Aug 11, 2005
    Sherri said:
    MGM- Liked it but it was a bit overwhelming.
    Loved the rainforest cafe. That was a great plus.

    Treasure Island- Was wonderful about 5 years ago when we stayed there. Loved the rooms and the casino itself. I have heard it has changed a lot since then though.

    Harrahs- LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Harrahs.
    Loved the area when you walk out is like a market place. Very lively, great location. Beautiful room.

    Will be at Bally's in August, so I wll update this then.
    Would you please me me more about Harrahs. Did you like the pool, and how were the rooms?? Going for my birthday in September, and have so far narrowed it down to the Mirage (which I love), or stretch myself and try Ceasars or Bellagio. I usually pick them out for location and the pool. (I live by them all day long.) :rolleyes1 I'm also curious about the Tropicana. Thanks!!
     

    tinkermell

    <font color=purple>Th boards are going nuts!<br><f
    Joined
    Aug 11, 2005
    Judy from Boise said:
    Please post your personal experience with Las Vegas hotels


    Ceasars: (x2)
    pros - it is attached to the forum shops, the new tower has very elegant rooms, has a "classy" vibe, good location.

    cons- I don't care for the pool....too stark,theme is underhelming.

    Tropicana: (x2)
    pros- I love the pool complex,great casual restaurant, free shows in the casino,great views from most/many of the rooms,fantastic location

    cons- the rooms can be very old and tired, very little "brag" factor.

    TI:
    pros- very few, fair location on the strip,maybe the pool
    cons- many, I hated staying here!

    Alladin: (x2)
    pros- location, attached shopping, great buffet, fantastic Bellagio fountain view rooms!
    cons- theme is underwhelming, many changes in the future.

    Favorite hotels i haven't stayed at:

    NYNY - love their casino, arcade,restaurants,rollercoaster etc.

    Mirage - I will get there someday!
    The Mirage is my favorite hotel. Great location, beautiful rooms and super pool area. Very lush and tropical everywhere. Some of the best rates for your money. :banana: :banana: :banana:
     

    Sherri

    DIS Veteran<br><font color=deeppink>I never though
    Joined
    Feb 2, 2005
    tinkermell said:
    Would you please me me more about Harrahs. Did you like the pool, and how were the rooms?? Going for my birthday in September, and have so far narrowed it down to the Mirage (which I love), or stretch myself and try Ceasars or Bellagio. I usually pick them out for location and the pool. (I live by them all day long.) :rolleyes1 I'm also curious about the Tropicana. Thanks!!
    I LOVED the rooms at Harrahs. Very inviting and comfortable. I liked the whole atmosphere. I did not go to the pool on that trip, so i'm sorry I can't say much about the pool since I don't know.
    I loved how you walk outside (I guess out the back entrence maybe) and there was this marketplace atmosphere with a bar and some stands and shops. I really loved the location and loved the whole feeling. I would go back again in a heartbeat.
     

    Sherri

    DIS Veteran<br><font color=deeppink>I never though
    Joined
    Feb 2, 2005
    xmelissax said:
    I know this wasn't directed to me, but from my experience (I accidentally left it out of my reviews) Bally's is a fine hotel if you just want a pleasant, centrally located place to stay. It doesn't have any spectacular theming but it is nice enough and in a great location in the middle of everything. Also it connects to Paris without having to leave the hotel or go outside so you can access their casino, restaurants, and shops easily. It just depends on what you're looking for , but if you're ok with the fact that it's more plain that some of the other hotels than go for it. I've not been to Harrah's so I'm not sure how it compares.
    Thank you for the information. We were looking for something that was comfortable (room wise) and a warm atmosphere.
    I'm not sure what a luxery room is, but thats what we got. My SIL got a standard/delux room). Not sure if you can shed any light on the different room types, but if you can that would great.
     
  • LOLA2

    TINK<br><font color=9966ff> I never heard of not t
    Joined
    Dec 5, 2005
    Anyone stay at the Luxor? My daughter really want to stay here.
     

    Danauk

    <font color=green>I would be sitting on the patio
    Joined
    Jun 27, 2003
    I have stayed in the Venetian and New York New York.

    Venetian: Loved it, amazing rooms (we were lucky enough to be given a free upgrade at check in to one of the high roller suites! How that happened I don't know but our room had it's own sauna and jet steam room!!), great view if you get a strip view room, amazing theaming and such a peaceful atmosphere.

    New York, New York: Great theaming for the casino, nice rooms, great rollercoaster! I thought the hotel was great value for money too.
     

    Judy from Boise

    Watch out – might take away your
    Joined
    Aug 24, 1999
    Forgot that I had also stayed at Ballys!

    Pros- great location, cool neon out front and an moving walkway for tired feet,has one of the monorail stations. The room we had was spectacular,somehow upgraded to a jaquizzi suite!

    Cons- very bland pool,lack of any theme


    The TI (we were there after the change) was a let down. They were trying so hard to be hip and cool it was like watching the dorky kid sell their soul to run with the "in" crowd,and doing a poor job of it.Our room was small and dingy etc. But, maybe they have hit their stride ?
     

    almacdonald

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Sep 14, 2005
    You know Bally's? Well, we stayed right around the corner from there! At a little dump called the Days Inn Town Hall and Casino. What a hole! The pool was freezing cold and the hot tub was lukewarm and yellow and cloudy. The whole place smelled and it was a good 10 minute hike around Bally's fenced parking lot to get to the strip. Learned my lesson there. Only staying at big name hotels on the strip from now on!

    ETA: From the looks of the old-sih photos on Google Maps it looks as though this hotel is rather 2 dimensional now. Probably an improvement!
     

    arliepooh68

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Mar 3, 2006
    i have stayed at the luxor, ask for a tower room, much nicer and you get a big ole bathtub . . . we actually had the ice machine on the other side of the wall and were afraid of noise, but we could not hear a thing. the pools were nice, and they seem to be open later than some of the other pools.

    Stayed at monte carlo . . . first room i got locked in the bathroom, the door was stuck. second room was much better, had the pool view. . . liked the pools alright at monte carlo, actualy liked luxor better for the pools. the wave pool was not working at the monte carlo so the other pools were packed, we mostly played bumper people in the lazy river cuz people were just standing in the lazy river, umm hello, lazy river to me means get a floatie and you can bring your own, don't have to rent from monte carlo.
     

    CA_Stitch

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Jun 19, 2006
    My favorites:

    Bellagio - Room over looking the fountain

    Paris - In the center of the strip and cozy

    Further down

    THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay - All suite hotel, quiet and a little away from the Strip.
     

    DisneyDuke02

    Earning My Ears
    Joined
    Nov 6, 2005
    Just got back from the Hard Rock Hotel, and I cannot WAIT to go back. Granted, I am a "twenty-something" and it definetely aims to attract that crowd. Please note this was my first time in Vegas and had to stay at the hotel 24/7 due to work, but here are my thoughts:

    PROS
    - Spacious rooms with great plasma televisions.
    - No really "bad" views (I had a mountain view then changed to a pool view)
    - Casual dining is GREAT....I could live at Mr.Lucky's and thought the sangria at Pink Taco was fantastic
    - Fine dining options are good and diverse- steakhouse, sushi, and "gourmet comfort food"
    - The pool area is great...I could have stayed there all day. They serve the large versions of every cocktail in green tikiman cups.
    - Casino staff really top-notch: friendly, helpful, and always available
    - Swim-up blackjack!!!
    - Fantastic memorabilia collection

    CONS
    - Front desk staff is NOT very pleasant to deal with (some good, most bad)
    - Not on the strip so you don't have that experience
    - I was there during the week, but from what I gather it is a VERY different crowd on the weekend. I would stay away from it like the plague on weekends since I don't like large crowds at all, as the weekend pool party is THE place to be on Sundays for "industry" folks
    - I'm not a prude at all, but I thought it was a little too over-the-top with the sexual content. For me to say this it's got to be a bit much. For example, restaurant with provocative name (see above...and I'm not talking about mr. lucky), "adult" room service menu for lingerie, sexy-but-not-in-a-classy-way cocktail waitress uniforms. I would definetely stay here again, but could do without the "hey guess what we are trying to allude to!!!" banging me over the head constantly.

    Honestly, I felt like I was more at a tropical resort with a bit of gambling than I was at a casino resort. I'm not sure if this is the mood they are going for, but it's how I felt. This is not a place I would bring children too (despite seeing a lot of young kids there) but i am trying to get back there myself as soon as possible!
     

    RI&BMOM

    Earning My Ears
    Joined
    Mar 13, 2006
    MGM: (2x) The pool area is nice, several to choose from. Rooms are clean and quite a few dining choices. The only negative I can think of is the size of the hotel. It takes some walking to get to where you need to go.

    Treasure Island: (1x) Nice hotel and clean. We didn't care for the restaurants.

    Mirage: (2x) We love the Mirage. We like the rooms and the atmosphere. Nice staff and the rooms are very clean.

    Luxor: (1x) We didn't like the Luxor. The rooms were clean but the atmosphere was not that great and the staff was not very friendly. We did not like their restaurants.

    Excalibur: (1x) Never again. Very dirty.
     



    Connect

    Disney News and Updates

    Get Daily Email Updates


    Top