Landry's Card

disney gym mom

Mouseketeer
So...I know a lot of people have these Landry's cards and use them to get hard to get reservations while on vacation. I'm thinking about signing up for one but I have a "crazy" concern. Does anyone ever worry that Disney/Landry's will eventually say that these cards are no longer going to be accepted/excluded at Disney since so many are being used. My fear is to get one, show up at a restaurant and to be turned away. We don't have any Landry's restaurants near us so I hesitate to spend $25 and then not be able to get that back. If this hypothetical ever happened...do we think we would be given notice. This is basically the main reason I've hesitated to get one. Also, is there a time period that you have to sign up for it by before you can use it?

Maybe? Maybe not? There's literally no way to predict. I'd say it's unlikely. When are you going?

I'm pretty sure you can sign up day of. I wouldn't worry about it- this program has been in effect for awhile- years!

If I am correct there is only a fee when you originally sign up which you get back as a credit with your first meal. If you have a trip planned it is well worth it. You need to know though it is only for Yak & Yeti, Rainforest and T Rex to my knowledge. It sounds like it is most useful for Yak & Yeti in AK. If you don't plan on eating at any of them then it probably isn't worth it.

Are there no Landry-owned places near your hometown? I signed up for the card years ago - and enjoy $25 off every year for my bday at a Landry's place, generally Salt Grass Steakhouse as it is the closest to us. Between the discount when you sign up and my annual bday meal, I have more than recouped what I paid.

I signed up for the card and then called Yak and Yeti for a reservation the next day once I got my email with my member number. There was no waiting period. My card came about a week or so after I signed up

You don't have a claim jumper, Joe's crab shack or one of the other dozens of brands near you?

Seriously look at their website, seems like more are always being added.

But you should know that card holders get priority seating at all Landry's restaurants. This means you get in before those with ADRs. I believe if you have both an ADR and are a Landry's member, you get in the fastest though.

We love ours. You pay the $25 but you get it back. Your phone number is linked to it so you just give a landry''s restaurant server your phone number and you earn points. Great using it at Yak and Yeti, TREX, and Rainforest Cafe. Benefits galore. You even get $25 credit on your birthday to use.

I have had my Landry's card for many many years. DH and DD have one also. We live by Mall of America and use the Birthday Rewards at either Rainforest or Bubba Gumps.

Pre-Covid we were at Disney Springs waiting in line just to check in for a table. Line was way out the door. One of the employees came outside and asked if anyone had the Landry's card. I told him we did. He then got us out of line and into a different line and seated right away. It would easily have been a 2 hour wait or more.

I have heard depending on availability of the restaurants lately that they may or may not give you priority seating since they are not fully operating right now. So, for our trip in 2 weeks I did make a reservation with Yak & Yeti just in case. Don't want to show up and get turned away.

Oh no! Maybe they changed it. :( I guess that I’ll find out.
are you calling for a ressie or doing a walkup using card as that makes a difference. you can call and get rerssie for large groups pre covid but could only do walk up of 6 when I asked

I’m calling for a ressie for next week.
then you should not have a problem cause limit is for walkups. pre covid I called and got a ressie for 14 at time I wanted when Disney said wont happen. we have always been 8 or more so I never got card because of 6 limit for walk ups but never had a problem with larger groups when calling directly

We have a trip coming in Sept and were thinking about buying the card. DH’s birthday is also in Sept. They wouldn’t let us use both $25 credits in one transaction, correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter