Land/sea Check In Question

MARSDM

Earning My Ears
WE WILL BE LEAVING THE BC NEXT THURS MORNING AND DRIVING TO THE PORT. PROBABLY PLAN TO LEAVE AROUND 9:30 AM SO THAT SHOULD GET US AT THE PORT AROUND 10:30 OR SO. I HAVE HEARD THAT NO CHECK-IN IS NEEDED SINCE IT IS ONE MAIN CHECK IN WHEN WE ARRIVE. DOES THIS MEAN THAT WE JUST PARK THE CAR AND GET IN LINE TO BOARD THE SHIP. IT SEEMS TO EASY..

That's my understanding!! I sorta like "too easy"!!

To be absolutely sure just ask at the cruise desk at the resort. They will we checking your documents and other paper work and they will issue your KTTW cards. They should be able to answer all of your questions there.

Have a really great cruise. We are doing the land/sea package this Thursday. I can hardly wait!!!!:hyper:

Just got back from land/sea package this week. It was easy, but not that easy. After you check into the BC (we stayed there also) you also have to check in at the cruise desk. They aren't open all the time. We checked into the BC about 7 pm and then had to check in also with cruise desk a day or so later. They didn't open until 8 am and it took a bit of time- so we missed the extra magic hour at the park that day(plus another hour.) Was very easy once we got to the port, though. Boarding was easy and disembarking was also a piece of cake. Much easier than I hear a lot of cruise lines are.

sklimuck,

Thanks for your imput. I understand the cruise desks at the resorts are open 8:30am until 4:30 pm. Is that correct? Can you tell us exactly what the procedure was at the port? Did you go directly to the boarding line?

Also, did you use DCL transportation to get from the resort to the ship? Or did you have other transportation? If you used DCL buses, what time did you get picked up at the resort and what time did you arrive at the port?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I am getting the "last minute jitters" and at times I think I have my act together and at other times I start worrying that I am forgetting something.

Hope your trip was great. Are you planning to do a trip report? I'd love to read it!

Thanks in advance for all your help!!:wave2:

EmmasGrammy

No, we did not use Disney transportation. A friend who has been on several cruises steered me away from that. We used Tiffany Towncar. They were very prompt and helpful. We had them pick us up at the BC at 9:30 so we could be at the port around 11. My friend said Disney doesn't pick you up until 11 or so, then you need to make other stops at other resorts. You don.t get to port until 2 ish or so.
We got to port about 11- told them who we were-- got in line and were let on the ship about 11:45 at the latest. By the time our group (15 or us) used the potty, looked around, chatted a bit- it was time to go aboard. Very, very easy, They took our luggage out front(we didn't have to put it out the night before because we took it with us in the van) They give you tags with your documents- they know where it goes at the port then. Put our KTTW through the machine(just like the parks) and entered. We were directed immediately to lunch, walked around a bit- then our staterooms were ready. Piece of cake!!!
The cruise desk was open 8-12 some days, 8-6 on another, and closed one of the days. Somebody forgot to mark something down- so they kept leaving us messages that we had to get to the cruise desk- but we finally got it through to them all our paperwork was done.
Haven't decided if I'll do a trip report yet. Had to jump back into work with 6 days/60 hours. I'll see if I can wiggle in the time. Probably our biggest problem was with the size of our group- Disney was great- the problems were on our end. Some early risers- some slept till noon. I have no problem with that- but not in my room and on my nickle. It seemed like it took hours to make a decision on where to go and what to do. Complaints if we had something plans, complaints on if we didn't- So next time it will be with a much smaller group!!
But had a wonderful time all in all. It rained almost everyday, but heck, we're from Phoenix. I love the rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter