Land Of The Lost - The DVC Members with Resort Reservations and No Tickets Crying Room....

The Sasquatch

DIS Veteran
So based on feedback from some others, we are part of a large population that has been the only group forgotten by Disney in the Park Reservation System. There is a clear timeline for park ticket holders, ap, and even new reservations in 2021.
I think it would be a great place for everyone to post up anything they have heard so we can work as a group to stay informed and sift through facts vs fiction. I have to imagine that many DVC members do not buy park tickets or ap’s until they are close to their vacation dates and now thats been taken away. It seems the only thing thats been said is we will told “later in the summer” but that for one doesnt work with the “planners” or the people that are afraid they wont be able to enter any of the parks during their vacation because its booked. Some may argue that its our fault we didnt book tickets but each person has their own valid reasons they wait. Call it entitled if you want but DVC members have spent many many thousands of dollars and are actual owners of these resorts. The way DVC members have been treated through this entire process has been unacceptable and many people are losing points and could possibly not be able to bank points if they wait to try and book park reservations. We should be a priority and not only did we not get that, there has been zero communication as to when we can. Its not acceptable

Enough of my rant, share anything and everything you might know or have heard! I will start with the last rumor and that is we can buy tickets on the 24th. I do not see any confirmation of this and if its true, why is it a secret?

Last edited:
I have tickets and resort reservations...can’t book days after initial 3 day; so your group isn’t the only one that requires a rant.

They need to fix the bloody system before opening to more peeps

Ps, I love your subject title

I have a DVC hotel reservation for April, but no tickets. When can I Purchase tickets?

I’m with you...very frustrating...I have a possible trip in September (depends on quarantine issue with NY) and want to plan trips for next Feb and May.
I have an AP that expires in August that I need to renew and I need to buy my DH as well.
Does anyone know when DVC can renew passes as well as buy new ones. Is it the 28th? But then they can be used in 2020..but if they don’t allow it I can’t book my park reservations for next spring either🤪🤪

I have a DVC hotel reservation for April, but no tickets. When can I Purchase tickets?

it is unknown. So for me i have to bank by july but it seems i wont know if i can actually get into the parks or cancel until after that. So basically i can throw 250 points out the window for october

I have tickets and resort reservations...can’t book days after initial 3 day; so your group isn’t the only one that requires a rant.

They need to fix the bloody system before opening to more peeps

Ps, I love your subject title

i agree, its equally as ridiculous that ap gets limited to 3 days but joe public can make as many days as they want.

i am watching Pete right now and he brought up a great point. Why didnt they open park reservations for resort guests one month at a time? They are their own worst enemy

Booked a vacation club rental for August and no tickets! I don’t understand why they would leave out an option to buy tickets if u have a reservation.

Disney decided that those that had already bought tickets should be given the opportunity to make park reservations before anyone without them did, regardless of where they were staying.

Since they had to limit capacity, they chose to prioritize it this way. Once they open up sales again, people will know if they can get in parks before purchase,

It is frustrating for onsite guests without them

Joining the club. Original reservation June 14. We buy tickets 1 at a time, making sure we have them all before the FP window opens. I had bought 1 ticket of the 4 I needed March 6. I was ready to buy 2 more on March 13, but as we got the announcement the governor was closing schools (IL), I decided to wait. Park closure announcement came right about then as well. By the end of March we'd cancelled June and rebooked December 20. Waited on buying tickets because A) had no idea at that point when the parks would reopen and B) thought I had time.

The irony is that I have gotten the emails telling me I can make a park reservation. I hadn't linked the ticket to MDE yet, but Disney can apparently see that I bought it from UT.

I know that December should be enough time for us to see if the "later in the summer" ticket sales for 2020 will materialize. The poor July through September people are up a creek. :(

We had purchased annual passes but decided not to activate them for the only day we could visit a park-on March 15. We purchased one day tickets and had a great time. I also have reservations for a lake view Polynesian room from 12/27-1/3. Not even sure we will be going as travel may once again be banned. Two weeks ago I decided to get a refund of $3800 for the annual passes not realizing I wouldn’t be able to purchase day tickets. I don’t love my Disney anymore 😡 The only positive thing is they are December points so I can cancel the whole thing if nothing works out.

Disney decided that those that had already bought tickets should be given the opportunity to make park reservations before anyone without them did, regardless of where they were staying.

Since they had to limit capacity, they chose to prioritize it this way. Once they open up sales again, people will know if they can get in parks before purchase,

It is frustrating for onsite guests without them

this is what i find most insulting. I have had resort reservations for since last september. Shouldnt their booked resort guests, annual passholders and DVC owners get first crack at it?

We had purchased annual passes but decided not to activate them for the only day we could visit a park-on March 15. We purchased one day tickets and had a great time. I also have reservations for a lake view Polynesian room from 12/27-1/3. Not even sure we will be going as travel may once again be banned. Two weeks ago I decided to get a refund of $3800 for the annual passes not realizing I wouldn’t be able to purchase day tickets. I don’t love my Disney anymore 😡 The only positive thing is they are December points so I can cancel the whole thing if nothing works out.

but if I am thinking about this right because i have december use year too, you have to bank by july or you will need to use them by december or you lose them. You can cancel but you will lose those points

Joining the club. Original reservation June 14. We buy tickets 1 at a time, making sure we have them all before the FP window opens. I had bought 1 ticket of the 4 I needed March 6. I was ready to buy 2 more on March 13, but as we got the announcement the governor was closing schools (IL), I decided to wait. Park closure announcement came right about then as well. By the end of March we'd cancelled June and rebooked December 20. Waited on buying tickets because A) had no idea at that point when the parks would reopen and B) thought I had time.

The irony is that I have gotten the emails telling me I can make a park reservation. I hadn't linked the ticket to MDE yet, but Disney can apparently see that I bought it from UT.

I know that December should be enough time for us to see if the "later in the summer" ticket sales for 2020 will materialize. The poor July through September people are up a creek. :(

i have received 3 emails saying i can book park reservations and i have no tickets. Got one today at 4pm that told me I was ready!

Our current APs now expire in January, but after cancelling August and December trips, we aren't going again until next spring. I can't get my refund yet, and can't renew. I really just want a new AP (which should have a lower price since you can't hop), but can't buy one yet. Further, I shouldn't have to outlay cash for new APs 10 months before they are needed. DVC members should be allowed to reserve park entry with a DVC resort stay per se! They had no problem taking our full monthly dues during the shutdown, so where is the payback!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter