**Lana (Ellebren) & Michael's VR PJ**September**Food Photos posted**BEO of Doom**

ElleBren

Mouseketeer
Hello!

After posting occasionally I thought I would join the group and start my own planning journal. So I guess I should give the background on the two of us first.

The Beginning
In 2006 I had just finished my Bachelor's degree in production and was starting to work on some Television shows. It was a lot of fun. I started day playing on Law & Order, Sopranos, and some independent films. In August I finally got a staff job on a show that no one has probably heard of 3 LBS. It was a pretty good show and I really had lots of fun. That is where I met my DH. I was a production assistant and he was the best boy electrician. We started dating in september. Then in November we found out that we were expecting. Not exactly how we wanted it, but we were/are very happy.

Instead of having a wedding while I was pregnant we decided to wait our 1st anniversary. So we got married June 7, 2007. Then our beautiful daughter Cate was born July 7, 2007. The last year has flown by. In January we were throwing around ideas of having a wedding and since my family was in Florida and I absolutely love Disney I didn't really hesitate.

We then changed the date because it would be really hot in June so now we are getting re married September 20, 2008.

Wow that took longer than expected. I'll be back later to continue on our actual planning.

Lana

Hello!

After posting occasionally I thought I would join the group and start my own planning journal. So I guess I should give the background on the two of us first.

The Beginning
In 2006 I had just finished my Bachelor's degree in production and was starting to work on some Television shows. It was a lot of fun. I started day playing on Law & Order, Sopranos, and some independent films. In August I finally got a staff job on a show that no one has probably heard of 3 LBS. It was a pretty good show and I really had lots of fun. That is where I met my DH. I was a production assistant and he was the best boy electrician. We started dating in september. Then in November we found out that we were expecting. Not exactly how we wanted it, but we were/are very happy.

Instead of having a wedding while I was pregnant we decided to wait our 1st anniversary. So we got married June 7, 2007. Then our beautiful daughter Cate was born July 7, 2007. The last year has flown by. In January we were throwing around ideas of having a wedding and since my family was in Florida and I absolutely love Disney I didn't really hesitate.

We then changed the date because it would be really hot in June so now we are getting re married September 20, 2008.

Wow that took longer than expected. I'll be back later to continue on our actual planning.

Lana

Welcome....I have heard about it....It was about the brain right?

Welcome....I have heard about it....It was about the brain right?

Yes it was it aired about 3 or 4 episodes around Dec 2006. Stanley Tucci was in it. I personally liked it, but hey it would have given us more work if it would have gotten picked up.

Lana

The Plans

OK so far I have these things planned

Reception: GF convention center

Wedding colors: Brown & Pink
I love pink and I thought since its september and fallish brown would work.

There is so much more I need to plan. I think most of it will be decided when I go to my planning session June 6th. I'm so excited about it! Actually really happy about eating all that cake. I've been on a diet forever. In October 2005 I decided to lose weight, I ended up losing about 45 pounds. I was really happy at where I was. Then in 2006 I got pregnant and started gaining it back. Now I'm down 25 pounds, but not to where I want to be.

Other than that I had what I could call the most horrible time finding my dress. Since I had not lost the weight I had wanted to I waited a little bit to start looking at a dress. I have never really enjoyed shopping for clothes because of my size so now that I was back up I really didn't want to go shopping. Finally I started looking. From the first store every sales woman was like "oh don't you know you are too late to look for a dress?" It really depressed me that none of them were helpful at all. I had hoped looking for a dress would have been so much more fun.

Finally at a second trip to David's bridal I found the dress I liked. From the picture in the magazine I was so-so. However I tried it on anyway. WEll after looking in the mirror I know it was the one. I just felt good in it and I loved the way it looked on. Here's a photo. Also I don't like the look of my arms so I wanted a little jacket, imagine the red jacket in chocolate brown.

DSCN0492.jpg

I have to find my MOH dress for my sister. I know again with the time constraints. I have to keep looking.

I am looking at these adorable shoes on ebay.

fcf4_1.jpg

I also got my veil on ebay and should get it soon!

Oh and here is a photo of my DH and l'il Bren
we were at the mall and rode the carousel
DSCN0487.jpg

I watched that show!

*Love* the Mary Janes, and I love the dress (I'm a big pick-up fan). I love the color scheme too. Great contrast.

Cate is a doll. :)

We're getting married the same weekend!

I'm really looking forward to reading more.

It's great to see that some people have heard of that show. I realized that I didn't talk about how he proposed. It was so sweet and I really never saw it coming. We had gone looking at rings but that was about it. Then one night his cousin was in NYC and wanted to meet for dinner. I was up for it so we were getting ready and he asked me if I didn't mind taking the ferry over rather than drive since it would be easier to park there than in the city. It made sense to me, I mean I hate trying to find a spot in the city and I abhor paying for parking.

We go over and meet up with his cousin and have dinner at Shula's on 8th ave. I love that restaurant. Best food! So we finish and say goodbye to his cousin and start back to the ferry. When we got there not many people were waiting. We were down on the dock and since it was cold he was hugging me. Well he reaches for something in his pocket, I though his cousin was calling him to see if we made it to the ferry but he pulled out my ring! He whispered in my ear "Marry me & make me the happiest man alive". I was so happy and was just like "yes yes yes". I really don't remember the rest of the ride. Once we got home I called my mom and sister to tell them. I really don't know how he made it through the entire dinner with the ring.

Now since I have my dress I have to focus on my sister's dress. She is loke size negative 0 so its easy to get her a dress. I like this dress in pink with brown for the trim. If I don't find anything else soon, I might just go with this one.

B1307_t.jpg

I've also started looking at hair styles and I'm not sure which one I like
AAAAAnAccfIAAAAAADxG9g.jpg

wed2-1.jpg

wedding_hairstyles-727263.jpg

Does anyone like one best?

Ooh, ooh, ooh, I love the third the best! I like how it's loose and romantic, and yet classy at the same time. It's beautiful. You could take all three of them and work them in together, though.

I also think the dress you picked for your sister is great. The pink/chocolate would be great; vice versa would be too.

Yay I won My shoes on ebay! I hope they fit! I have to say ebay is the best way to go for all wedding things!

Hey, congratulations! You are so right about eBay. I've bought most of my things from there. They're always brand new, but a fraction of the price the stores charge.

I really think I might go with a cross between 2 & 3. And I was on ebay looking for some sort of headband. I haven't found anything so I am going to be creative and try to make one. I'm not quite sure how that will go, but hey its fun and worse comes to worse I buy something last minute. I was really inspired by Jennifaerie's hair piece and went to Tigerlilly's site. They have this cute strand head band, only its $400 and that would make it more than my dress.

I really can't do that. I think my DH would kill me. The only problem with trying to make my own headband is that with the little beads I can't work on it until Cate goes to bed so that is only a little bit of time.

I sure hopes this works out well.

I'd recommend emailing Mandy and seeing if she can make you something more affordable. She *really* works with you. I was really scared about writing her because of money, but if you explain what your budget is, she'll tell you what she can do for you, and believe me when I say, she'll make it as possible for you as... possible! She's fantastic. You can mention me too when you email.

I'd recommend emailing Mandy and seeing if she can make you something more affordable. She *really* works with you. I was really scared about writing her because of money, but if you explain what your budget is, she'll tell you what she can do for you, and believe me when I say, she'll make it as possible for you as... possible! She's fantastic. You can mention me too when you email.

I would, but I really don't want to go crazy on my accessories. I am trying to restrain myself with the spending. My little project of making my hair piece is actually going well. I think it might work. I miss doing crafty things like that, but with Cate it is becoming harder and harder as she gets more mobile.

If you remember correctly I had one of the most horrible dress finding experiences ever. Well I come home on Wednesday and I have a new message on the phone. I listen to it. It is from Davids Bridal. I was starting to freak out until she said "Oh just to let you know your dress IS IN" I was like excuse me? My what is what? You told me that I would be lucky to get it in time for our VR. Really? Seriously? I called them back to double check that my DRESS was in fact in. They said yes and to come and pick it up.

I really wish they wouldn't have made me feel like a complete slacker and waiting until the last minute. It took them 9 days to get it. 9 days.. I went to pick up the dress and tried it on. Yay no alterations. In two months hopefully I will need to have it taken in, but that would mean I have to stay on my diet. HA like thats been going well. Oh and the only thing that did not come in was my sash. Honestly I thought that would be the first thing in, not the last.

It is exciting to have my dress home though. I am very happy that it is sitting up in my closet. The only problem is that the cover is clear and I need to get a travel bag so the DH doesn't see it when we fly because there is no way I'm checking that dress.

Now I am waiting on my shoes to get here. I think they are the cutest so I can't wait to try everything on, when DH is working of course!

Glad the dress made it so quickly!! One less thing to worry about!

Did you squeal? I did (well, internally, since I was at work) when I got the message. Very exciting news!

I'm so glad the dress got her so fast for you. HMMPH! I order my dress in April and I still don't know when it's coming in. I'm super jealous! I don't think DB takes pride in service and it shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter