Lake Suites (Palm Suites Lakeside aka Old MainStay on 192)

bigsis1970

Thanksgiving,a Birthday & our Anniversary 2017!
Hi everyone - This hotel is Located on 192 at mile marker 12 .. Our stay was from April 17 to April 23rd 2006 --
Just wanted to give you my 2 cents on this place.. I found it fine - I didn't have super high expatations I just wanted a clean hotel room and swimming pool I feel we got a great deal for what the room was.. I had a studio. My DD & I each got a queen bed and my DS (age 9, 70 lbs) slept on the fold out couch which he found comfy . I laid on it but wouldn't have wanted to sleep on it as its a thin mattress - so weighing more then him i sunk down towards the springs more! the kitchen area had a full stove, microwave, full fridge, dishwasher, toaster and 12 cup coffee maker. the dishes were - 4 dinner plates, 4 salad plates, 4 small bowls, 4 glasses, sliverware for 4, 1 large pot, 1 med pot, 1 broiler pan, a flipper, a large knife, a steak knife, a pitcher for water - we used it for cool aid, there was a supply of dishwasher soap. and a garbage disposal in the sink. we only had the maid come just on Thursday - half way through our stay. I only asked she take the trash and leave clean towels but she also made the beds and put our dirty dishes in the dishwaser and started it. the bathroom is split so the sink and vanity are in a larger space maybe 7x7 foot area and the bathroom contains the toilet and shower. both worked fine for us. There is 1 dresser with 3 drawers in the room on the top of that is the TV also there was a large closet with sliding doors. there were plenty of cupboards in the kitchen (some in the island/bar and in the stove/sink area) and the vanity area there was also cabinets. We used the pool almost everyday its shaped in a "L" my kids had fun cannonballing when we had it to ourselves on Saturday night other times they just swam around playing. the playground looked nice and sturdy - i saw only one child playing on it all week. the Hot Tub seemed hot, the kids enjoyed it one evening for 10 or so minutes. I never saw the bar open but heard it was only open on Friday nights for a few hours?? I never used the Laundry room but saw it by the pool area - looked like it had maybe 4/5 washer and dryers. The enterance is right before Mile marker 12 at the Target light of 192 . I found the drive to the parks quick and painless 10-15 mins most times. I think that is is.. please let me know if you have any questions and I would be happy to help.. on our last night there our keys didn't work -- see below as to why (i think they de activated due to the miscalculations when we arrived) Michelle Oh the weather was 90ish and sunny most of the week..

edit to add -- We also were checked in by the front desk Mgr on the afternoon of 4/17 and she mischarged us -- she didn't count the days right so we ended up with a night for FREE we stayed 6 nights and were only charged for 5 (not that 39.00 was alot to begin with and I would have paid if they asked me too but they didn't) the resort fee was added right into our bill at the beginning of our stay.

The free breakfast for us consisted of -- White and Wheat breads and bagels for toasting, frozen waffles and french toast to cook in the toaster or micro, there were oatmeal packets, orange slices, apples and bananas, and one day we had danish and one day we had cinnamon rolls. also there was Orange, Apple and Cranberry Juices, hot water for tea or cocoa and coffee. there was dry cereal of Fruit loops and raisin bran. it was filling and FREE. it was served from 7am to 10am each day

I won a night there through skyauction and I am scared because I didn't read too many nice things about it....

So any more information would be great..,, I am going in August....

there is another thread on the orginal board if you do a search it should come up under plams suites .. Michelle

Just was wondering if anyone might have a phone # to this place .... I need to get in touch with them... I also would like to know if anyone had stayed there recently....

My family of 5 stayed here from July 7-17 and we thought it was great. We would definitely stay there again. We had plenty of room, free breakfast, we were close to everything. The rooms are very sound proof. The only time you heard anything was when someone was coming or going from their room. Once inside, you couldn't hear a thing. And we even had a girl celebrating her 20th birthday in the room beside us. The pool was nice. We were very pleased with our stay here. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter