Labor Day, Cabins and ER Short TR.

Skyw

DIS Veteran
Howdy everyone. Just a short review of a great trip to FW Cabins on Labor Day Weekend.

Arrived at FW on SEP 1 around 8pm with my DH, DS (13), DSIL and her grandson (5). Traffic around WDW was really congested. I assumed this was due to Labor Day Weekend. Check in was the longest I have ever experienced. I think it took about a half hour to get through the line and checked in. Not complaining at all! I have been extremely blessed with very quick check ins:flower1:! This included the golf cart rental as well . By the time we arrived our Instacart delivery :cheer2::cheer2:was being brought into the cabin. Instacart is a grocery deliver service and I highly recommend. Fabulous customer service. I was texted several times with updates on our delivery. And they shopped at Publix.

Our cabin number was 2850. I usually do not care where our cabin is in relation to the activities because we always have a golf cart. However, this time, it really felt a long way from the places we wanted to go. This was partial because the main road to the marina was being worked on and we had to detour. The cabin was very clean upon arrival:thumbsup2. We noticed there were not any fry pans to cook with on the second day and called mouse keeping to have one brought to the cabin. If never happened :confused3. Mouse keeping also never came to the cabin on Labor Day until after 600pm. At that point in time, I just requested towels and access to the broom (locked in closet) to sweep the pile of sand we were bringing in. Other than that, 2 thumbs up for the cabins :thumbsup2:thumbsup2. They are my favorite!

Next is Day One.

:eek::cool1::jumping2:
Day One-

My DSIL grandson has never been to WDW!!! We could not wait to show him our favorite place on earth!! We were up by 7am and ready to head out by 8am. Our plan was to go to HS first due to the smaller predicted crowds and the ease of activating our military discounts. These tickets need to be activated at a ticket office and MK is at the TTC. It is just a hassle to go from the FW to Contemporary to TTC and finally to MK. If can be done, but not with efficiency!!

We arrived at HS by 815, got our tickets activated and were at the turn stiles by 830. :thumbsup2 They opened the park early to a certain point.
I went to customer service where I was able to by a Photo Pass military discount for $84. The rest of my group went to sign up DSIL GS for Jedi Training. We had a short wait to TS, Star Wars and Muppets. Then off to our reservations at Sci Fi !! I am happy to report we had an excellent lunch there! Prices are high, DH and I split a Rueben and added a side. My son had a burger and in which he said was great. Food has definitely improved since we were there last (8 years ago). We would absolutely do this again.

After lunch, we headed over to drop the little guy off for the Jedi Training. I am happy to report that he loved this more than anything else we did the whole weekend! :darth:

We headed back to the cabin to swim. The main pool very crowded due to the holiday weekend. Afternoon showers began and we headed back to the cabin. And waited for it to break. It did not, so we sucked it up, donned our rain coats and headed to MK. We figured the place would be empty due to the rain. WE WERE SO WRONG!! 60-minute wait for Buzz Lightyear. Yikes. :eek: We rode the Carousel of Progress for the first time ever because the line was short. It was just OK. Everything else was a long wait, so we headed back to the cabins to rest up for the next day.

Trying to post pictures as well but my photos are too large.

Glad you seemed to overall have a good time.

Not sure about the frying pan though. Holiday weekends are usually pretty busy. Thankfully you got your trip in before the Irma started affecting everything.

Sounds like all of you had a great time, especially the little guy since he's never been.:jumping1:

Howdy everyone. Just a short review of a great trip to FW Cabins on Labor Day Weekend.

Arrived at FW on SEP 1 around 8pm with my DH, DS (13), DSIL and her grandson (5). Traffic around WDW was really congested. I assumed this was due to Labor Day Weekend. Check in was the longest I have ever experienced. I think it took about a half hour to get through the line and checked in. Not complaining at all! I have been extremely blessed with very quick check ins:flower1:! This included the golf cart rental as well . By the time we arrived our Instacart delivery :cheer2::cheer2:was being brought into the cabin. Instacart is a grocery deliver service and I highly recommend. Fabulous customer service. I was texted several times with updates on our delivery. And they shopped at Publix.

Our cabin number was 2850. I usually do not care where our cabin is in relation to the activities because we always have a golf cart. However, this time, it really felt a long way from the places we wanted to go. This was partial because the main road to the marina was being worked on and we had to detour. The cabin was very clean upon arrival:thumbsup2. We noticed there were not any fry pans to cook with on the second day and called mouse keeping to have one brought to the cabin. If never happened :confused3. Mouse keeping also never came to the cabin on Labor Day until after 600pm. At that point in time, I just requested towels and access to the broom (locked in closet) to sweep the pile of sand we were bringing in. Other than that, 2 thumbs up for the cabins :thumbsup2:thumbsup2. They are my favorite!

Next is Day One.
Hi! I saw that you ordered through Instacart, and I was thinking of using them for our upcoming trip in January. They delivered right to your cabin? That is great to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!