• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kylo Ren will scare your kids and violate your personal space! It was AWESOME! (Vader BB8 ADDED!)

Yes we can agree to disagree but I think you will find MANY love Darth Vader and have for decades.

Yes the saber is small and at his hip, it never comes in to play in the meet and greet any more than a belt buckle.

I think Kylo will fade into the past ..... sadly I think they lost an opportunity here on this one. The fact that we have never seen a line for him tells me he's not very popular and yet folks wait 30+ minutes to meet Chewbacca.

This has been us - twice. :( When a character is not imposing to meet visually, they need to bring their A game in how they act, verbalizing etc. Without that they are just a guy standing there.

Is it possible that since Chewbacca has been in 5 movies and a TV show, while Kylo has been in 1, more people will recognize his name and line up for a M&G? Also, while my family and I REALLY enjoyed the awkwardness of the Kylo M&G, many people shy away from those situations, so I can see where his line will be shorter. Again, don't get me wrong, Darth Vader is the generation spanning, ultimate bad guy that all bad guys aspire to be, but I thought Kylo was a very fun M&G and we'll be doing it again this summer.

Disney2016-240.jpg

We weren't going to meet these characters with our 2 year old since he didn't know them, but we noticed right before the fireworks that everyone had abandoned the M&G area to get a good viewing spot. We met Kylo and Chewie with NO lines. Chewie made a positive impression on my son, and he still can identify Chewbacca in pictures and merchandise despite never seeing the movies. Kylo...I don't think my son likes him quite as much, to say the least. haha. Kylo asked me if I know who the rebel spy is, and I told him that Chewbacca is in the next room. He then said something mildly threatening to me, which is when this photo was snapped. It's a really well done M&G. I'm glad he doesn't just pose with you silently.

Yes, on my vist Kylo was such a jerk.... and it was great! Someone in our party had the Disney Credit card so we were able to "skip the line" and get the photo op- we were ushered to his area outside of the door where he met people. We were chatting amongst ourselves when all of a sudden, he came bursting out the door, stalked over behind my wife (her back was turned), and bellowed QUIET! in that authentic voice-boxed voice (scaring half my party out of their pants), and then stalked back into his room.

Eventually were ushered in my his camera man (also a jerk!) We asked him if Kylo poses, puts an arm around anyone, and he just gives us a very dark "No.". Then we asked if he'll take a picture, and he's line "only if he wants to".

Eventually Kylo comes over, all the kids are crying, and we ask if he'll take a pictures and he's like "......fine.".

Picture taken, I'm dorking out in it, kids are terrified- it was tremendous, I have got to say. I love how "in character" he is for this.

I found the encounters a little disappointing. I met Kylo in the the standby line, 5 minute wait, and then in the Chase Visa card line, with only 1 group ahead of me. I didn't find him to be scary or intimidating, and he just growled out a few lines & didn't interact. I led off by asking if he'd made any little kids cry today....or big kids,
but he didn't react at all. "Stand here", instructed the photo pass folks to "take the image" & then "Leave!"
At least at the visa greet he suggested that joining the order was, perhaps, my destiny. "Okay...I'll see ya later then!" and off I went. Does he just have a few set lines?? I was MUCH more intimidated by Darth Vader last year....and he responded to questions & comments.

Is it possible that since Chewbacca has been in 5 movies and a TV show, while Kylo has been in 1, more people will recognize his name and line up for a M&G? Also, while my family and I REALLY enjoyed the awkwardness of the Kylo M&G, many people shy away from those situations, so I can see where his line will be shorter. Again, don't get me wrong, Darth Vader is the generation spanning, ultimate bad guy that all bad guys aspire to be, but I thought Kylo was a very fun M&G and we'll be doing it again this summer.

I also think if yo do the Chewbacca one first then the Kylo Ren meet n greet can be a little bit of an extreme contrast for some.

Kylo Ren is probably one of the best meet and greets aside from Gaston..last MG with Kylo he was telling my son to teach my wife to follow the order.
Not a MG but storm troopers are over the top..took my son's BB8 sovineer cup away from him saying they found the rebel and threatened to dispose of him marching down sunset Blvd to a trash can..

We did all the meet and greets tonight before the dessert party. The lines were maybe 5 minute waits. BB8 was the longest at about 10. The posted wait times were 10-30 minutes.
I did enjoy the interaction with the characters, even Kylo Ren, which was basically a pitch to squash the rebels. BB8 and Chewie gave me grief for my Darth Vader shirt, but Chewie was forgiving very quickly after I explained I was a spy. I got a big hug after that.

Last edited:

My wife is not a Star Wars fan - she has seen a few movies but had no idea who Kyle Ren was. It made for a hysterical photo opp, as I kept talking to him as Ben Solo, telling him that it wasn't too late for him, and that I know that he will turn away from the dark side just as his mentor, Darth Vader, had done. He kept getting more and more upset, finally throwing us out of the room. :rotfl:

Wish we had video taped it. My wife was so confused.

Kylo Ren is probably one of the best meet and greets aside from Gaston..last MG with Kylo he was telling my son to teach my wife to follow the order.
Not a MG but storm troopers are over the top..took my son's BB8 sovineer cup away from him saying they found the rebel and threatened to dispose of him marching down sunset Blvd to a trash can..
That is awesome. My wife got picked as the rebel spy once on Star Tours and I told her that my love for her grew 10 fold that day! :)

My daughter tried to show him her pin in his likeness, but then she saw her R2D2 hat and flicked the ear like, "WTH is this then???"
It was hysterical.

We did all the meet and greets tonight before the dessert party. The lines were maybe 5 minute waits. BB8 was the longest at about 10. The posted wait times were 10-30 minutes.
I did enjoy the interaction with the characters, even Kylo Ren, which was basically a pitch to squash the rebels. BB8 and Chewie gave me grief for my Darth Vader shirt, but Chewie was forgiving very quickly after I explained I was a spy. I got a big hug after that.
A hug from Chewie is always AWESOME! I too was dressed as a rebel spy. :)

Now that the trailer for the new movie has been released will Kylo be a popular meet n greet?

We saw Darth Vader and Chewie (separately) at DL..... Darth was ok, but Chewie scared us all half to death!(all adults lol) it was so much fun

We met Kylo Ren in January, and he was amazing. He tried to intimidate and recruit me, but I looked him in the eye and told him that I teach middle school and he didn't scare me! The photopass photographer caught great pictures of the whole thing.

When he tried to intimidate me I pointed to my 4yo granddaughter:love:. I told him he has nothing on her!!! He just told me to go. I have to admit though I really was a little intimidated.

I saw Kylo Ren Too. The meet and greet was great. I stared him down during mine. He told me he knew I was with the resistance. (Spoiler: I AM.)

My visit with Chewbacca was wonderful too. And I could not stop calling him Chewie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter