Delete Thread

Minion gingerbread!?! I’m totally stopping in the lobby when I visit Universal in December!

It was cute! Some of the Universal hotels are a little more decorated than others. I've heard really good things about Cabana Bay's retro decorations, but we haven't made it over there during the holidays yet so maybe this coming year!

As we were leaving we had the park almost to ourselves so we stopped for a PP picture:

bwJvnA6l.jpg

Nice! This is a great picture!

(I was still full from all the desserts),

9ojVkPg.gif

:rotfl: This is me! I'm binge-eating my way through midterms and stuff, and I look a little too much like this poor dog...

RGTzCIwl.jpg

(This was the dessert party gift).

This is cute! Nice little gift.

Yrhsso9l.jpg

A Christmas tree of course! You do remember my promise from the intro to show you every Christmas tree we saw, right? Well that didn't change at Universal :rotfl:

:laughing: Wouldn't expect anything different!

HpTznw9l.jpg

We got leis! :cheer2: I was so excited. We've stayed at RPR before and the Poly and have never gotten them.

Yay! You got lei'd!

Here's a look at our gorgeous room although I know I took some pictures and videos last time we stayed at RPR:

GWTS6UBl.jpg

I think these rooms are so pretty :)

I never had an interest in the JBJB dessert party but I really enjoyed the projections on ToT. You did find a great spot to view.
I'm glad you liked RPH even more the second time. We've only been to Universal once a long time ago way before all the HP stuff.
We decided to add some Universal time before going to Disney. We're booked 1 night at CB and 2 nights at RPH.
I love seeing the new room design and I read your previous trip report on the Universal boards.
I'm excited for the glass shower too :D
I'm nervous because this year DD's Spring Break is the week before Easter and I know it will be :crowded: hoping EP for 3 of the 4 days will help.
Hoping if things go well we can add a couple days to our Thanksgiving trip to see all the Christmas stuff.

Day 2, Part 1-Pop Century Tour + YC/BC Decorations

*These posts are going to be a bit picture heavy, but since the last 2 were a bit wordy I'm sure no one minds*

If you're following along on my DTR you'll know we got kind of lost while heading to the lobby at Pop Century due to what Josh called a "shortcut" :rotfl: So here's lots of pictures from that "shortcut":

lhUUkVLl.jpg

(Our room was in the 80's building up one of the Rubik's cube staircases).

Josh loves Roger Rabbit so it's always cool to see a nod to him (or a giant figure of him). :laughing:

tYJrINul.jpg

I'm a 90's kid so I took some of the 90's building's computer pool area:

zZlX0gXl.jpg

v03zCWGl.jpg

RCGZtCql.jpg

O0WSbM5l.jpg

M2FlKH5l.jpg

Finally we made it to the lobby where I ran into another Christmas tree! Did I mention this trip report is going to have copious amounts of Christmas tree and decoration photos? Because it will! :thumbsup2

yRrn3czl.jpg

UIeNpmml.jpg

After getting our luggage transferred to CSR, we hopped in an Uber to go to our breakfast ADR at Ale & Compass.

Ale & Compass Breakfast Review

After breakfast we resumed looking at Christmas decorations.

I love these wreaths at the Yacht Club so much!

pom4DfHl.jpg

I think all the boats on this tree are so cool!

20AWDwrl.jpg

O6NrYlnl.jpg

I'm so excited for the vlog because this is so detailed, and you can't capture all the moving parts in a picture.

NJDhY4Tl.jpg

I found a cute family of foxes hiding in the forest :love:

XyOY9obl.jpg

We decided to do some shopping and check out the store at YC. They had all the things from the Little Mermaid home line which were really cute, but other than that there wasn't much of interest in the gift shop.

Except another tree!

k40d4Fgl.jpg

The train at the bottom was really squeaky though.

We headed over to BC next to check out the carousel.

Rdcrd9bl.jpg

I know it's really hard to make characters out of modeling chocolate/fondant/etc. Not from personal experience, but I do watch Halloween Wars :rotfl:

Still I can't help but think something seems off about Lilo :scratchin

D3anF1Ml.jpg

Alnd why is she wearing so much eyeliner?

FRJznAD.gif

It's probably just a phase :rotfl:

Josh loves to see how much of everything went into these giant decorations:

GhxjmKRl.jpg

Then there's Stitch...

EBLuVZkl.jpg

Is it just me or is the shape of his head kind of...off? It reminds me of Stewie's head from Family Guy.

HZuXWe1.gif

Well obviously it was the correct shape and then this happened:

R7yJWFs.gif

Continued in the next post

I'm seriously loving all of the Christmas decorations. I also love the pictures from Pop Century. Josh sounds like me. I think I know a 'shortcut', but it ends up taking us way out of the way and I pretend that I meant to do it. LOL!!

I have been enjoying your TR as well as DR. I am so glad you got to enjoy the whole Christmas party, we had to leave after an hour because Andi was really not feeling well. I do agree with you, I thought it was really crowded compared to other parties I have been to in the past.

You did get some good pictures of the decorations at HS and the projections on the ToT. I really enjoyed that more than JBJB.

I am excited to hear about your time at USO. We have stayed at RPR once and really liked it. It is nice you can compare having tried many of the other resorts.

Another great update. I also LOVED all of the TOT projections at HS. I would return just to stand and watch those. So cute.

Loved the tr as usual. Had to come out of lurkdom again to throw in my two cents on comfy shoes. I wear Skechers. I have a Skechers outlet near me and found a pair I loved for a trip like 2-3 years ago. I have been looking for the same pair in a different color and I can’t find them but I have several pairs of the memory foam sneakers from Skechers. I can actually wear them without socks and I don’t get blisters (and I’m pretty prone to blisters with other shoes)
I also forgot to mention something called Glide. I bought it on amazon. It looks like a stick of deodorant and it’s for runners to prevent chafing but I rub it on my feet before I put on my shoes and it works like a charm!

Last edited:
Well I lurked along but am finally posting to say thank you for another great virtual vacation along with you and Josh. I so enjoy your reports! Heading off to start on the Universal portion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!