Kona Cafe or 'Ohana ??

Sphynx

Earning My Ears
We have one last ADR to make and have decided on the Polynisean Resort, but I prefer the dessert options on the Kona's menu while my DH thinks the skewers at 'Ohana look fun... any advice?
P.S. I thought I heard somewhere that 'Ohanas has recently changed their menu...

:stir:

They have changed their menu and we have eaten there with both. We still list 'Ohana as our favorite restaruant at WDW. They took the shrimp off the skewers and added shrimp as an appetizer (which I really enjoy). They also changed from rice to potatoes (we like the potatoes more), and they changed the dessert (we love the new dessert, but do miss the old one). I would, of course, choose 'Ohana's ... especially planning your ADR where you are there during the Wishes program ... it is truly magical to watch this firework show (they pipe in the audio for Wishes to the restaurant).

Enjoy! pixiedust:

You could go to 'Ohana for dinner, then go over to Kona for a dessert. Just a thought.

O'hana for dinner, Kona for breakfast. That's my vote! :thumbsup2

We like Kona much better than Ohana.. for any meal!

We've found the meat at Ohana to be dry, over cooked and tasteless. After 3 visits, we won't be back.

Last trip, we had lunch at Kona on the way home .. another great meal! :thumbsup2

We would take 'Ohana over Kona for dinner. We love the atmosphere and find the value to be better at 'Ohana.

I'll be selecting Kona's for our next trip. Haven't tried the new menu at O'hana's yet, but I'm just over the crowds there. Our last two meals there, we were seated way late, and the food couldn't make up for the frustration.

IMO people who equate value with volume tend to prefer the food at 'Ohana.

People who equate value with quality tend to prefer the food at Kona.

Id rather have reasonable portions of well prepared food so Kona wins it for me. Especially if you are using the DDP because despite not having piles and piles of food at your disposal, the portions at Kona are still more than plentiful and you will not leave hungry.

For atmosphere, 'Ohana probably is more fun for kids as there are opportunities for them to run around and be a little louder. Kona is less frenetic so kids would be expected to behave appropriately. If you have children in your party and they know how to behave in public then Kona will be fine despite not having children's activities.

We ate at both in July and loved them equally for different reasons. The food at Kona is more varied and desserts are more elaborate. But my oh my is that food at 'Ohana delicious. The bread pudding, which I'll tell you I did not want when I read the menu, turned out to be just so wonderful. DH and I who both do not like such things ate a ton. So did the kids. All the items at 'Ohana were amazingly good, and it's got lots of fun activities for the kids, too.

If you want a more relaxing meal, then Kona would be better for you.

You can't go wrong with either one.

We couldn't decide between the two on our May trip so we ate at both. Kona is sooooo much better. While the salad, wing and dessert at O'hana were pretty good, the skewers are just dry, plain meat. The sausage is just plain nasty.

They are both just great. We ate at both in June, and actually ended up back at Kona twice more than we had planned, with no priority seating...we just walked in. The desserts are delicious at Kona and are set up on display...the hostess will point them out to you on your way to your seat. YUM!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter