Kona Cafe at the Polynesian Re-opening on November 1st, ADR's now available

@Disneylover99 good point I forget how early they go back, but still seems after Labor Day would make more sense.
In the years leading up to Covid, crowds began to ramp up a bit after labour day. September wasn’t the perfect low crowd travel time that it was 10-15 years ago. But the end of August has remained pretty good crowd wise.

I’m not sure how long Kona will be closed, but maybe they want to make sure everything is re-opened again before Columbus Day or Thanksgiving? I don’t know. Just a thought.

Narcossee’s is closing for a rehab soon too. Hopefully they won’t both be down at the same time or it will seriously affect dining on the monorail loop.

Does anyone know how long restaurant refurbs usually are? Or if they announced a reopen date? I was hoping it would be open for my trip in November but I dont think it will be.

Does anyone know how long restaurant refurbs usually are? Or if they announced a reopen date? I was hoping it would be open for my trip in November but I dont think it will be.
Read on another Disney fan site that the restaurant will be closed at least through October 16.

I wonder what "the eatery will feature an enhanced table-service experience” really means. Hope it's not going prix fixe for dinner... that'd stink.

I wonder what "the eatery will feature an enhanced table-service experience” really means. Hope it's not going prix fixe for dinner... that'd stink.

I'm thinking either prix fixe or family-style ... but Ohana is already family-style

It pains me to say...the food has been going downhill for quite a while...this may be better and I hate prix fix or family style. We loved this place but could go anymore...bleach. Sad.

I doubt Kona would go price fix or family style, especially in such close proximity to O'hanas. I have reservations for both for my late November trip. I don't mind the current Kona menu per say, but I do prefer past incarnations of it. I'll just keep monitoring to see what 'enhanced experience' actually means.

They're going to really enhance your experience by charging more.

Love the look. Like The Wave at CR, the old Kona decor was getting tired/long in the tooth - this is lovely and refreshing. Front opening area seems oddly sized/narrow/constricting, but whatever. Looking forward to reopening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter