Kona breakfast

PhilMo78

Earning My Ears
Is it worth getting up early and rushing to?

I have read good things and bad and I am ready to read more !!!!!

We'll be @ ASMo, and have ADR's for 8:45. Should we go for it, or eat at hotel and save TS for something else?

We LOVE Kona for breakfast! It's the one thing DH doesn't mind waking up at 6:00am for. He loves the Tonga toast and we always get the 100% Kona coffee. It's wonderful and a must do for us!

We had a server that was completely disorganized and MIA much of the time that kind of left a bad impression of Kona breakfast for us. We ate there in Sept. for the first time with high expectations and we were disappointed. The food was just OK. I know it has many fans, but we were not impressed.

I'd like to know too. We have an 8 am ressie (we're staying at POP) on our MK day (opens at 9). I hope it's worth waking up that early for!

Dude Tonga Toast is the best..if you want to try it and don't want to waste a TS credit if you are on the DP go to Captain Cooks CS and get the Tonga toast.

Thanks for the replies, I have booked Kona, but will pay OOP. Seems to me the best way to get the best bang for my DP buck, AND still get to experience Tonga Toast (or maybe macadamia nut pancakes) those sound great too!

I think you'll like it!! My husband really liked the Big Kahuna and I enjoyed both the tonga toast & macadamia nut pancakes (and I typically don't care for pancakes).

Yes it is worth it if it is easy to get there but I would not rush around to fit it in. We have our own car with us so if we are not staying close to the Poly we will just drive over.

Thanks for the replies, I have booked Kona, but will pay OOP. Seems to me the best way to get the best bang for my DP buck, AND still get to experience Tonga Toast (or maybe macadamia nut pancakes) those sound great too!

Kona is very good for breakfast. IMHO, the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes are better than Tonga Toast. Both are a challenge for one person to eat unless you are really hungry. I suggest that you order one of each and share.

The coffee is much better there than just about any non-signature restaurant on property whether you get the Kona blend or the 100% Kona pressed pot. If the former, you will get free "refills". :)

Dunno if I'd "rush around" but Kona is a great spot for breakfast. I guess it depends on how important your first meal of the day is to you. :earsboy:

Kona is very good for breakfast. IMHO, the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes are better than Tonga Toast. Both are a challenge for one person to eat unless you are really hungry. I suggest that you order one of each and share.
QUOTE]

I also think that the macadamia nut pancakes are better than the Tonga Toast. I was dying to try the Tonga Toast because of all of the great things that I read on the boards, but it has WAY too much sugar on it for me. Now, on the other hand, the macadamia nut pancakes are like heaven on a plate! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts