Knotts Berry Farm Touring Strategy

ZeeWP

Mouseketeer
Any touring recommendations for this park? We will have adults who want to ride roller coasters and children too short for most rides. (44 in and under). We will be going on Dec 21st, so I anticipate it will be VERY busy. No one wants to purchase the fast lane either, even though I think it would have been worth it lol.

If you want to ride Ghostrider, get to the gates early and go straight to the Ghostrider line when the park opens (along with 99% of everyone else). Otherwise it’ll be a 2-3 hour wait later in the day.

If you want to ride coasters, after Ghostrider, quickly head to the other roller coasters you want to ride. If you can knock some coasters off early, that’ll help.

A lot of lines get long at Knott’s on a busy day, Timber Mtn Log Ride, Calico Mine, River Rapids (although maybe not when it’s cold), but without FastLane, you’re at the mercy of standby, so getting in the park right at open and moving quickly in the morning will be your best bet if your goal is to avoid line time.

Also if you are used to Disney parks the lines move SLOWLY. They take forever between boardings there.

Camp snoopy is great for the kids, but again, the lines will move slowly.

The casual food at knotts is better than Disneyland I think. So go with a tasters mindset. I would even recommend getting the food pass so you can taste things as you go.

Hope you have fun. I would say that knotts is a park with a lot of potential but the lines can be frustrating. The skeptic in me thinks they do it on purpose to sell fast lane.

Even if you buy Fast Lane, you can still stand in a line for an hour. They just don't load properly, or with any sense of filling up the coasters completely! And you go in the exit for Fast Lane but the rest of the queue is all just pushing in any old where, no organistion whatsoever! Even with Fast Lane on a busy day you might only get 10 rides in if you are lucky....so decide what your most important things are in advance, and remember that the nice thing about Knotts is the ambience. Don't miss the ice show!

Even if you buy Fast Lane, you can still stand in a line for an hour. They just don't load properly, or with any sense of filling up the coasters completely! And you go in the exit for Fast Lane but the rest of the queue is all just pushing in any old where, no organistion whatsoever! Even with Fast Lane on a busy day you might only get 10 rides in if you are lucky....so decide what your most important things are in advance, and remember that the nice thing about Knotts is the ambience. Don't miss the ice show!
Sheesh that sounds ridiculous!! But I will try to keep a good attitude. Maybe eat my day away.

I saw the food pass means you can get food every 90 minutes? We have people who eat like rabbits, myself included, but maybe if we get two passes to share (2 people would split a burger basically), it would work? Or maybe a la carte is better for our pickier eaters.

What place there or just outside of park is good for dinner?

Make sure to arrive early (before park open). The few times I've been (not during the holidays), they started letting people in about half an hour before official park opening and letting people line up (and ride) Ghostrider before the rest of the park opened.

Sheesh that sounds ridiculous!! But I will try to keep a good attitude. Maybe eat my day away.

I saw the food pass means you can get food every 90 minutes? We have people who eat like rabbits, myself included, but maybe if we get two passes to share (2 people would split a burger basically), it would work? Or maybe a la carte is better for our pickier eaters.

What place there or just outside of park is good for dinner?
Mrs Knott’s is just outside the park gates in the Marketplace area and is a good place for a hearty meal. You should make reservations in advance since it is very popular.

Ghost Town Grill is a table service restaurant in the park that’s also good for a sit down meal.

For a close sit down meal, we’ve enjoyed Amber Waves (at the Knott’s hotel.) Great service and good food!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter