Kitchen Remodel - Damaged Items

Callie

Always Dreaming of Disney Magic
I live in an apartment. I just had my entire kitchen and bathroom redone today. Basically two brand new rooms. I had to move everything out of the way, and into my living room/bedroom.

I just got back from vacation, and had an extra tote lying around. I had that in my living room, about 6 feet from the nearest wall. I also made sure it was in an area I covered with plastic tarps.

Anyways, I got home today, and my brand new Vera Bradley tote has paint on it. They moved the plastic, and painted the ceiling in my living room, above a lot of stuff I was storing. No where did it mention the ceiling being painted, and needing to watch out for that!

I emailed my property manager asking for a check to cover the purse. Is that reasonable? I was already inconvenienced enough having to spend all this time packing and unpacking, and not being able to use my kitchen for a week.

Another small thing to vent about. Nowhere did it mention they would be providing a new microwave in the remodel. It was never previously supplied. Two months ago, I just purchased a new one and now its pointless. Would have been nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter