• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kingdom Tower DVC at the Contemporary (Orlando Sentinel 2/26/08)

I agree, which is why I think its going to connect to the 4th floor of CR as well. Its just what makes the most sense and would seem to be the "easiest" of all the options. Look at it this way, the original elevator set up at CR requires you to go to the 4th floor first (see gift shop and restaurant reference previously), and then hop on the escalator or another elevator to the monorail. I dont think with the new tower that they would now have everyone go to the monorail level, and then downstairs if they are going to Chef Mickey's, etc. Someone before said it best: Its Disney, they wont miss an opportunity to sell you something!

I do wonder how level that would make the walkway, however. Can you imagine the amount of complaints from exhausted tourists who now have to walk up an incline to get to their room. This is America people, we dont do inclines:rotfl2: :rotfl:
Pg 35 of the document specifies the 5th floor of the Kingdom Tower, connecting to the existing CR:confused3

i'm not sure but it appears as though the maintence costs will be allocated to DVC/dues also...not sure that they'd increase the overall costs just to sell some souvies via another level on the bridge/walkway?

Pg 35 of the document specifies the 5th floor of the Kingdom Tower, connecting to the existing CR:confused3

i'm not sure but it appears as though the maintence costs will be allocated to DVC/dues also...not sure that they'd increase the overall costs just to sell some souvies via another level on the bridge/walkway?

My guess is the 5th floor of the Kingdom Tower is at the same elevation as the 4th floor concourse of the CR. I know there are some meeting and convention rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the CR which may be taller than the standard hotel room floors (there are no guest rooms on those floors). Everything I have read says that the bridge will connect at the 4th floor concouse, which is the reason the new Fantasia gift shop was built and the F&F center was moved upstairs and the Wave is opening downstairs (for convention guests).

My guess is the 5th floor of the Kingdom Tower is at the same elevation as the 4th floor concourse of the CR. I know there are some meeting and convention rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the CR which may be taller than the standard hotel room floors (there are no guest rooms on those floors). Everything I have read says that the bridge will connect at the 4th floor concouse, which is the reason the new Fantasia gift shop was built and the F&F center was moved upstairs and the Wave is opening downstairs (for convention guests).

makes sense to me:thumbsup2

This one looks just right for us. Hoping it comes sooner rather than later.

Well, I would wait for an official announcement from DVC with their final selection of resort name. Who knows what it may or may not end up being? LOL.

I talked to our guide this past weekend. We asked her about the Contemporary (again.) She said in her best playing dumb voice "I don't know what you're talking about." DH said, "You know, Kingdom Towers." She said "I don't know anything about that but that sure would make a nice name, wouldn't it?" Then she said she had some nice new properties she could sell us in California and Hawaii. Another person I talked to at the parks said their guide told them they are trying to sell off the last of SSR before they'll open up sales on another park (that they also had never heard of.)

Here's 2 pics I snapped when I was down at WDW in January - I'm sure the construction is moving along quite a bit since then

3508WDW_1-08_088_copy-med.JPG

3508WDW_1-08_092_copy-med.JPG

I think this is a good guess too.

I haven't noticed the second or third floor having high ceilings but the ground floor does. The escalator from the lobby to the 2nd floor is really long, too. Easily seems two stories.

Thanks for the picture, krbq.

would be surprised if sales began before summer of 2009.

now they might - but would be surprised.

I don't know how they missed the mark with the name. Kingdom Tower sounds like an office building. Magic Kingdom Tower is definitely better. The Villas at the Magic Kingdom, or Magic Kingdom Villas, all say Disney to me.

I'm hoping for a better name too. I thought of Stephen King too when I heard it, then it started to remind me of some kind of place where a cult might live...lol I really like Magic Kingdom Villas though, or some variation of it. Even the Contemporary Villas would sound better. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

This thread has some photos taken last Monday (March 31):

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1710920&page=34

THANKS KRBQ, This sure is good to see. I can't wait to see this thing finished. Have been thinking of buying for about two years now. DW has kind of been the hold up. Back in 2006 we took dvc tour went to wdw 3 times in one year. I wanted to buy but she was still on the fence. She said if they ever built DVC with monorail thats the one she would like to own. But everthing has kind of worked it's self out. I have paid off a couple of credit cards, car will be paid off by end of the year and we have down payment for DVC. So once she found out about KINGDOM TOWERS she said let's do it. We would like to buy enough points for one bed room MK VIEW. We had looked at buying into VWL or SSR in january of 2009. We will be in WDW this NOV 29-DEC 7 2008. Hope they have the modles to tour by then.

I would LOVE to own at whatever-they're-calling-it at the Contemporary. ;)

Here's my question...

If we want to sell our SSR points to buy here, when is the best time to sell? Will the resale prices of SSR just TANK COMPLETELY when they "officially announce" here?

Last week while sitting at the BCV bus stop I had a conversation with a DVC sales rep. I joked about their tag line "the best kept secret" not being really accurate. She said point blank "no the best kept secret is the DVC they are building at the CR" and laughed.

I think Disney might be starting to lose their strangle hold on no one talking about their new project.

If we want to sell our SSR points to buy here, when is the best time to sell? Will the resale prices of SSR just TANK COMPLETELY when they "officially announce" here?

There are lots of different factors that will affect resale SSR prices - some pushing prices higher, some lower. No way to know for sure what will happen. But I think "TANK COMPLETELY" is unlikely.

Who is buying SSR-resales now? Will they go away when CRV opens? To me, they are either folks that really like SSR - or folks that just want to get inexpensive 2054 points. The opening of CRV won't change that.

Prices could even go up if people see SSR as a good way to buy points to stay at CRV. Disney is going to try and increase price of new points, which will increase the gap between new and resale costs. There's some limit on how big that gap can get. The bigger it gets, the more folks will be tempted to buy resale instead, which will push resale prices back up if they get too low.

disney controls the resale price - that is what ROFR is all about.

that say think long and hard about selling your SSR to buy KT@cr.

you won't get enough out of the SSR sale to turn around and buy the same amount of points at KT. so either live with less points or expect to pay more money.

expecting KT to start at $110 maybe even higher.

did you buy SSR because you loved the place? or because that was all your guide was telling you DVC was selling at the time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter