King suite at RP vs Hard Rock

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, we've stayed at the king suite at RP. I was looking at videos of the king suite at Portofino-appears to be a different type of layout, more open. For people who have stayed at both, which one seemed roomier to you? Looks like the HR suite s actually 100 sq smaller. There were a few minor things I didn't care for at RP suite-the very heavy coffee table that had to be moved every night in order to pull out the sofa. The coffee maker location. Minor things, but that coffee table was ridiculous-who puts such a heavy table in front of a pull out sofa, and not put it on wheels? Anyway, thoughts?? Thank you! We're 3 adults-Was also looking at the Portofino suite, as I would like to have 2 bathrooms.

The Portofino Suite (King room) is definitely larger than the RPR King suite. The Portofino Suite living area is definitely more roomy and comes with its own bathroom where the RPR suite only has 1 bathroom.

thanks, I think we're leaning towards the Portofino Suite-never stayed at Portofino either, so it will be nice to try something new! Thank you-

I actually had a question about the king suites at HRH... May I piggyback on this thread? Looking at pictures, it doesn’t seem as though there is a door between the bedroom area and the living room area. Am I looking at that correctly? Or is there a pocket door or something?

I've looked at videos-it doesn't in my opinion look like there is one. RP has a designated little living room, and a bedroom, from what I can see at HR, it's more of an open feeling. I've never stayed at one, but I noticed that too-different set up than RP

I've looked at videos-it doesn't in my opinion look like there is one. RP has a designated little living room, and a bedroom, from what I can see at HR, it's more of an open feeling. I've never stayed at one, but I noticed that too-different set up than RP
Yes. We’ve stayed in the king suites at RPR twice now and like it, but I like exploring other options too.

I actually had a question about the king suites at HRH... May I piggyback on this thread? Looking at pictures, it doesn’t seem as though there is a door between the bedroom area and the living room area. Am I looking at that correctly? Or is there a pocket door or something?

There is no door (there are two doors into the bathroom however). We stayed in one on our last trip in Dec 2019. A huge room, we loved it and the no door didn't bother us.

At RPR....was there enough room for a blowbup matress....we have 2 older teens. Don't like being in same bed. What size air matress is recommended. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter