Kinda OT: Work From Home Jobs?

kandeebunny

DIS Veteran
I saw a link to a site posted on here at one point for work from home jobs (it was a SAHM board I think?) That listed out WAH opportunities with companies like QVC, HSN, 1-800-Flowers etc.

If ANYONE has this link or suggestions I would REALLY appreciate it. A friend and SAHM of 4 just lost her husband and needs a WAH job.

I am sorry for your friend's loss. Many of these companies are independent contractors and not employees. Alpine Acess is one that is employee based and I believe you can get benefits from. I currently do LiveOps which is fine for extra $500-$1000 per month. I will work less in the summer because of the kids being out of school. However I don't get any benefits from them.

http://wahjobs.blogspot.com has a listing of work at home call centers.

I'm so sorry for your friend's loss.

Can you tell us a bit about her? Her education, past work experience, likes and dislikes-- anything that will help us give you a direction?

For example, I'm a teacher. During the years I was a SAHM (and now too, actually) I had a lot of luck with freelance writing. I've done everything from parenting articles to the geometery section of an educational website to some ACT prep practice question. All from my home computer after the kids were in bed.

I am sorry for your friend's loss. Many of these companies are independent contractors and not employees. Alpine Acess is one that is employee based and I believe you can get benefits from. I currently do LiveOps which is fine for extra $500-$1000 per month. I will work less in the summer because of the kids being out of school. However I don't get any benefits from them.

http://wahjobs.blogspot.com has a listing of work at home call centers.

Can you tell me more about LiveOps. It is one that I have been looking into. I just quit :banana: :banana: my part time job (I have a full time job). When we run the numbers we are more than fine financially, but I'm a worry wort so something from home might be good! Plus we are hoping I can be a SAHM in the future so I'd like to get something going.

Can you tell me more about LiveOps. It is one that I have been looking into. I just quit :banana: :banana: my part time job (I have a full time job). When we run the numbers we are more than fine financially, but I'm a worry wort so something from home might be good! Plus we are hoping I can be a SAHM in the future so I'd like to get something going.

I have been with LiveOps for over 3 years and I usually make $750-$1500 a month working part time. I am primarily a sahm and I work when I kids are at a school and on weekend mornings. Now I will switch to early morning 3 am - 8am when the kids are off for the summer and weekend mornings. It works out great for me. The best thing is that I can work when I want to and if I need to be a mom I can do that as well. No answering to a boss :)

They do charge a $50 background check which you can make back your first weekend working no problem.

if you don't mind my asking, what does LiveOps do?

i am currently looking for a data entry WAH but there are so many online and i'm sure 99% are illegit so i don't know where to start....

LiveOps is a virtual call center. I primarily take calls for informericals. I have taken calls for some of the flower companies through Liveops around V-day and Mother's Day.

if you don't mind my asking, what does LiveOps do?

i am currently looking for a data entry WAH but there are so many online and i'm sure 99% are illegit so i don't know where to start....

I would love to do this too but soo many make you pay to start which makes me nervous

-Lauren

KandeeBunny -- First, I'm sorry for your friends loss. My heart goes out to her and her family.

I see that you live in FL. I know that HSN is hiring WAH Part Time Sales in FL. I've been a WAH HSN Sales rep for two years and love it. It works great with my schedule. I'm able to be home with my kids and we don't have to put them in a daycare situation. I believe that they now do training at home as well. It's not a ton of money ($10/hr) -- but it is great for a part time job. They are also offering some full time sales work at home positions now too. So, after a while, maybe your friend can go full time.

Good luck to your friend.

LiveOps is a virtual call center. I primarily take calls for informericals. I have taken calls for some of the flower companies through Liveops around V-day and Mother's Day.

If you don't mind answering, do you get a paycheck in the mail with taxes all taken out already, or do you have to claim it in some other way on your taxes?
Thanks
Pam

I too would like to know the answer to the above question. I am very interested in doing something like this. I am a RN but would love to do something not sooo stressfull.:eek:

I very much would like to know the answer as well, I can spend a lot of time on the computer as it is. What kind of platform,browser and internet connection do you need? for mine is but a slow, older guy.

Thank you :)

:flower:

With LiveOps you are an independent contractor-you get a 1099r each year so you need to pay your taxes each year. I set aside 25% of each year in a separate saving account and have a little bit (taxes) more taken out of my husband's check. We haven't had a to pay any year. You can get a check or direct deposit and they pay out 2x a month-1st and the 16th.

Does any one know, whether or not, there are any WAH positions, that are not based on an independent contractor hire basis. For I rather prefer, to have the employer deduct my taxes for me.

here are ones that are employees most don't hire in all states but you can atleast start to research

Alpine Access (inbound)

Baby 2 bee (outbound calling)

Blue Zebra (outbound calling)

Cloud Ten (inbound)

GE Call Centers (inbound)

Jet Blue (inbound) Salt Lake

West at home (inbound)

Beaware that while you can make money with Liveops and other such call center work from home you are only making about .25 per minute talking. There can be many hours that you only talk 10 mins. Now it isn't always that bad but the calls you take are usually for the least desirable Infomercials out there. The big live ops clients are Kevin Trudeau, and some exercise ones. Makes your skin crawl with how despetive they are...The problems is you don't just sell the product in the commercial you also are required to offer each and every caller about 6 upsells. Believe me you get yelled at quite a bit. And after the upsells there are about 4 separate other offers not associated with the product...magazines, life insurance offers, shopping discount clubs etc.

It is not for the thin skinned. I stopped because I felt it added too much stress in my life to read a script absolutely perfectly each and every time and if you don't you get punished.

Another idea some might want to check into. Of course this also is likely to be as an independent subcontractor with no taxes taken out, but that's part of WAH. The company I used to work for was a commercial printer who did a lot of kitting/contract assembly for customers. We had what I referred to as a "cottage industry" of WAH contract assembly people. Some were employees, or family members of employees, and a lot of retired people. You were responsible for meeting quality standards and pick up and return of materials. Our contract assembly people made anywhere from $80-$400 a week depending on the project and how adept/quick they are. I would call around to printing companies in your area and ask if they outsource any "hand bindery" work, Specifically: kit assembly, handfolding, stringing, collating, inserting etc.

Don't fall for any of those places that charge you for information, what you usually get is instructions on how to sell the same thing to other people, that is your pay for stuffing envelopes. You may have to keep calling back, as we only had occasional openings when we took on a new project, or one of the contractors, decided to quit. The people who got the new slot were ones who were persistent in checking back. On some projects, we had people who had been doing it for 15 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter