Kinda O/T Need the best way to clean a

tonilea

<font color=blue>I hope I don't regret this...<br>
white base ball cap. DN's team is wearing WHITE :scared1: hats and pants! One game and it is already dirty. How do you get them clean? Any treatments that will help keep them clean?

I don't know if this really works as I have never done it but a friend of mine washes her boys' ball caps on the top shelf of the dishwasher. Apparently they come out clean and they hold their shape better than if you put them in a regular clothes washer. Lotsa luck!

My son has a white baseball hat. We sprayed it with waterproofing to help it stay clean. When it's dirty I toss it in the washing machine with one light colored towel. I just sit it on top of the bottle of laundry detergent for it to dry. I have a front loading washing machine, I wouldn't toss it in a top loader with the agitator.

We've washed it at least 7 times already and it looks great still.

If they are anything like ours are, you definitely don't want to use bleach - it'll turn it yellow.

We have a hat shaper for the top rack of the dishwasher and that works well for us. We got ours at the dollar store. It's just a plastic hat shaped frame that it sits on during washing and was very inexpensive.

I also second the idea of spraying with scotchguard to make the job easier. :thumbsup2

awesome from Dollar Tree gets outs anything. This is coming from a person that gets red mud at the baseball field pulling cover on the baseball field.

I had two boys in white hats and pants one year. I used a lot of Shout and elbow grease, followed by a run through the washing machine. I think I got more exercise than they did that season!

The dishwasher suggestions are great, but I don't have a dishwasher. I AM the dishwasher. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the ideas!

I had a white baseball hat when I played softball in high school. Not all of the stains would come in out in the wash, I also did the top rack of the dishwasher. So, while it was still wet from the dishwasher, I would spray lemon juice on the stains and set it out in the sun. I had the whitest hat on the team. :thumbsup2

The dishwasher suggestions are great, but I don't have a dishwasher. I AM the dishwasher. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the ideas!

I've seen plastic cap shaped things at walmart, kmart, etc. I've never used one but it's supposed to help the hat keeps it shape in the washer.

I've seen plastic cap shaped things at walmart, kmart, etc. I've never used one but it's supposed to help the hat keeps it shape in the washer.

I have one and it works well.

Some of those team caps are expensive and I don't want to mess them up. I would not feel comfortable putting a good cap into the dishwasher. Maybe one of those plasticy trucker hats, but not a $25+ team cap.

You can use the plastic thingy to shape the cap as it dries

Actually if you have two hats the same color to wash, two of the plastic jobbers will fit in my washer.

Here the thingy is

http://www.organizeit.com/pocapwasher.asp

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter