Kind of a S/O - what do your neighbors hate the most?

Lilacs4Me

DIS Veteran
As kind of a late spin-off to the "What do DIS-er's hate the most" thread, I wonder what your neighbors hate the most? I think many of us probably have a community Facebook or Twitter page - what do the people in your neighborhood complain about?

In my neighborhood, in no particular order:

1. Coyote sightings
2. Pets getting out of the house and lost (and possibly getting eaten by coyotes)
3. Sewers/storm drains
4. Alleys that were once alleys and are now rivers of muck and stagnant water
5. "Unfair" Ordinance Citations (street sweeping/parking tickets, address #'s not being displayed on houses and garages correctly)
6. The price and service of brand-new local family-run restaurants

But the BIGGEST one of all:

Why does the high school need a PARKING LOT???!! Make those darn lazy teenagers WALK!

ETA: How could I forget this one! It's even bigger than the school parking lot (which the district and the village actually went to court over!):

"We don't need a new Library! Our (1970's) library is good enough! Nobody ever goes to the library anymore anyway!"

Last edited:
As kind of a late spin-off to the "What do DIS-er's hate the most" thread, I wonder what your neighbors hate the most? I think many of us probably have a community Facebook or Twitter page - what do the people in your neighborhood complain about?

In my neighborhood, in no particular order:

1. Coyote sightings
2. Pets getting out of the house and lost (and possibly getting eaten by coyotes)
3. Sewers/storm drains
4. Alleys that were once alleys and are now rivers of muck and stagnant water
5. "Unfair" Ordinance Citations (street sweeping/parking tickets, address #'s not being displayed on houses and garages correctly)
6. The price and service of brand-new local family-run restaurants

But the BIGGEST one of all:

Why does the high school need a PARKING LOT???!! Make those darn lazy teenagers WALK!

When I read your post, I thought "OMG does this person live in my community?!" My HOA has a community FB page and the most active discussion on it lately has been recent coyote sightings, neighbors arguing over what to do about it, and how it will affect their pets. LOL!

Aside from that, it's mostly complaints about fees, the HOA management company, upkeep of the community playground, and the lack of salting our roadway by the plow company our HOA hired.

Apparently, paying for trash service.

If you were to ask my neighbor's neighbors what they hated most, it would be the smell of burning garbage.

People not cleaning up after their dogs.

People stealing trash and recycling bins.

People stealing packages from front porches.

The bad Asian drivers who run stop signs, drive on the wrong side of the road, double park.

These are all legit complaints.

I have no idea what my neighbor's dislike. I wave hi and that's about it

You must not have a community facebook page? I wave hi to my neighbors, too, and leave it at that, but I was referring to "neighbors" in a larger sense - like as in the community as a whole. Our town's facebook page is like a bad soap opera.

Last big blowout on our neighborhood's Facebook page was someone calling out a teenage driver for going 45 MPH down her street (the whole neighborhood is 25 MPH). it creating a huge fight because many folks pointed out that it's not a teen-specific problem.

Otherwise, our FB page is mostly people selling their crap and asking others to vote for school levies.

You must not have a community facebook page? I wave hi to my neighbors, too, and leave it at that, but I was referring to "neighbors" in a larger sense - like as in the community as a whole. Our town's facebook page is like a bad soap opera.

My community does not have a FB page. I'm grateful -- one of my coworkers neighborhood has one and it seems to be nothing but a source of drama. I don't see what use I would get out of a neighborhood FB page.

My community does not have a FB page. I'm grateful -- one of my coworkers neighborhood has one and it seems to be nothing but a source of drama. I don't see what use I would get out of a neighborhood FB page.

Drama aside, I have learned a LOT from my town's page. Fun events that I wouldn't have know about, new businesses opening, the fact that there were a rash of car break-ins in the area so be careful to lock your doors at night, plans for the new playground at the park, etc. I've probably saved myself a ton of tickets due to reminders on the page to park on the other side of the street because the snow emergency rule is in effect or that on April 1st the street cleaning ordinance is starting. However, I am sure you would be able to get most of that information eventually from other sources, so yes, some might not see how they would get any use out of a one-stop shop such as a dedicated FB page. :)

The drama gets annoying, but I read, don't comment, and stay out of that part of it.

Every winter people complain that the town didn't clear snow from the roads quickly enough. This whining usually starts within the first 45 minutes of the snow. They also do not limit their compaints to roads that the town is actually responsible for.

Conversely, the very same people will complain if the town brines the road a day or two before a snow event, failing to remember seeing time and again that brine stays on the road for several days as ling as it doesn't rain.

This is on the town's most popular FB page, which is an unofficial one, moderated by someone who enjoys stirring the pot and leans all the way to one side of the political spectrum. Now, I'm all for healthy political debate, but I unfollowed the page when he refused to keep the debate civil and continued to allow his side to say some pretty awful things about the character of people on the other side. I do pop in to read now and again, though. Within the last couple of weeks, he must have decided to reign things in, because it seems that the nastiness has dramatically diminished.

Last big blowout on our neighborhood's Facebook page was someone calling out a teenage driver for going 45 MPH down her street (the whole neighborhood is 25 MPH). it creating a huge fight because many folks pointed out that it's not a teen-specific problem.

Otherwise, our FB page is mostly people selling their crap and asking others to vote for school levies.

Ha lol. We have separate pages for that!! Those are another whole set of issues - who was first in line for an item...who didn't pick up within 24 hours....people who say interested then the seller holds the item for 3 days and the buyer backs out....someone trying to bump themselves up by offering more than the selling price, the list goes on and on. Those poor admins!

1. People running stop signs
2. Coyotes
3. Property taxes
4. People not taking down their Christmas lights soon enough
5. People cutting other people's Christmas lights, arguing whether it's actually people or really rabbits chewing the lights

1. Fireworks, even on the 4th of July
2. Homeless people panhandling at the interstate exits and elsewhere
3. People who leave their dogs outside for extended periods of time
4. Most all restaurants
5. The length of time it takes to get an available Doctor's appointment

1) My messy next-door neighbor. He's a hoarder, yet even after we complain, the township won't cite him.
2) The fact that we are stuck with Comcast for our cable provider because Verizon discontinued laying FiOS in my part of town.
3) Our sucky school system.
4) Overdevelopment...it's hard to even get out into the main road from our neighborhood due to all the traffic that the shopping centers bring in.
5) The wild turkeys that come around every so often. Ugh, they're so mean and gross!

Ha lol. We have separate pages for that!! Those are another whole set of issues - who was first in line for an item...who didn't pick up within 24 hours....people who say interested then the seller holds the item for 3 days and the buyer backs out....someone trying to bump themselves up by offering more than the selling price, the list goes on and on. Those poor admins!

We have a Facebook garage sale, several Facebook groups, and an anonymous message board that really gets heated!

I've never asked any. I guess I don't see any of them that often. Most I would not even know there names, I wouldn't know the last names of any.

I have no idea what my neighbor's dislike. I wave hi and that's about it
Same. We do have a community website, I have not and will not join. Have no interest in the drama or a relationship beyond the very basic wave. Don't want to know their business and I don't want them in mine. No doubt they hate that those people in 9--- won't join the community page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter