i was just wondering if anyone has any new ideas for a kids valentines party, not the usual cookies cupcakes kind of things, maybe something a little healthier since they will have a ton of junk. any ideas would be great thanks.
I have the heart shaped tube pan from Pampered Chef, and last year I filled it with the PIllsbury French Bread dough (it didn't quite hold the whole package...cut off about 1/4) When it was bake and cooled, I sliced it up. then I topped with pizza sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni for indvidual heart shaped pizzas. We always try to come up with something that isn't sweet since they get so much of that kind of stuff at the school parties anyway.
At other parties this year we have done:
Fruit-Cheese Cubes-Summer Sausage Cubes-Crackers
Queso w/ Red and Green Tostitos
BBQ little smokies
How about 1 jar of marshmallow fluff and 1 box of cream cheese (softened) and whipped together with a few drops of red food coloring. This dip is great with pieces of fruit. My kids always loved to take it to parties. It always disappears and it's pretty healthy if you count the fruit. Kids would almost eat it with a spoon!
1. Heart shaped pasta (available at speciality stores). Cook, drain, add butter and toss with Parmesan cheese.
2. Make a batch of Bisquick biscuits. Use heart cookie cutter to cut out biscuit. Bake.
3. Frozen bread dough, unthaw. Place in heart shaped cake pan. May need to stretch to fit. Bake according to directions. If wish use healthy toppings like cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, red jelly/jam (sugar free?), peanut butter.
4. Ready made bread cut out with heart cookie cutter-healthy toppings as above.
5. Red fruit-apples, strawberries, raspberries. Vegetables-red peppers.
Have fun partying!
Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.