Kids Nite Out?

BuckeyeGirl24

Earning My Ears
We are staying at Contemporary for 4 nights in May with our 11 month old. We'll be celebrating our 4 year wedding anniversary. I'd love to have a night to ourselves, and I've read good things about Kids Nite Out, but DH is super skeptical. It's a little nerve wracking for me too, because leaving your kid with someone you've never met for several hours just doesn't seem natural! Lol. Has anyone used Kids Nite Out recently that can calm our anxiety about it?

Hi! We've used them several times now and will be using them again in a couple of weeks for DD5 and DS2. Our daughter was around your child's age when we first used them. The sitters have all been very nice. They have always shown up a couple minutes early for us. We go over the kids' needs: what food they'll be eating, diaper stuff, bottle stuff, bed time, etc. Now that our daughter is older we can ask her how the visits went. She always enjoys the sitters and has a good time. When you get back they'll have a receipt for you that lists when they changed diapers, fed them, and when they went to sleep. It is nerve wracking the first time you do it. But they are professionals and do this all the time. We use them for one evening dinner every trip we make now. We've used them at least 5 times. I hope this helps. Good luck and have a wonderful evening away!

We are staying at Contemporary for 4 nights in May with our 11 month old. We'll be celebrating our 4 year wedding anniversary. I'd love to have a night to ourselves, and I've read good things about Kids Nite Out, but DH is super skeptical. It's a little nerve wracking for me too, because leaving your kid with someone you've never met for several hours just doesn't seem natural! Lol. Has anyone used Kids Nite Out recently that can calm our anxiety about it?
have not used but how much different is it than first day of daycare assuming you use

have not used but how much different is it than first day of daycare assuming you use

I guess that's a good point! LO does go to daycare. We did tour a lot of daycares, though, and I met with her caretakers several times while on maternity leave before she started going there, so that's a difference. We'll be meeting this sitter for the first time and leaving LO with them immediately.

I guess that's a good point! LO does go to daycare. We did tour a lot of daycares, though, and I met with her caretakers several times while on maternity leave before she started going there, so that's a difference. We'll be meeting this sitter for the first time and leaving LO with them immediately.
you did more than most parents I meet in 25 years of daycare. we would meet them and next time we saw was day baby started and a few it was next day.

No, it's an in-room babysitting service you book any day/time you want, and a babysitter shows up with toys and games for your kids. It's $18/hour + $10 transportation fee.

We've used them on most of our trips going back to 2005, kids from 15 mos. old back then through 11yo now. Have always had an excellent experience. :thumbsup2

I am using them for the first time in June as hubby and I are attending a conference and we have no family to leave kids with. I was pretty nervous too but reading these posts calmed me. One question though. Do you ask for ID etc ? From the sitter. I guess how do we know she is who she says she is

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter