kids digital camera

cookies

Mouseketeer
Has anyone purchased these cameras from fisher-price? My 5 yo loves to take pics and was wondering if its worth the $60.00.

We thought long and hard about getting one for dd for her 6th bday in July...and ended up deciding against it due to reviews of poor image quality. Yes, dd is only 6yo but if she takes a great picture, I want the quality to be good/great so we can do stuff w/ it.

We opted instead to purchase a new camera for dh and I, and gave dd our old one. We wrapped it up for her bday and she is THRILLED. She's been practicing w/ her camera ...and should be all ready to take great shots during our trip to WDW in December.

DS has one and loves it!

Picture quality is fair, it's not wonderful. We've uploaded them to the computer, and they basically look somewhat like a cameraphone shot, maybe a little better. The main thing is the durability of the camera itself...that alone is worth paying for. My mom thought she'd go get him a "real" digital camera, and he dropped it 2 times and it was done for. The FP camera has been dropped so many times I can't even count anymore, and it still chugs along!

We have a lanyard for dd's camera and she wears it around her neck. She's used it three different times in the last month...once at the zoo... and she does great w/ it.

I'm not overly worried about her dropping it.

We got one for our DS (4 y.o.) and now our DD (2 y.o.) is taking pics with it too. My decision was made by the rough and tumble nature of my children. I like them to PLAY with their toys, even if it means beating them up a little. As a kid, I was allowed to play with all my dolls-even the 'special' Madame Alexanders, and I got a heck of a lot of enjoyment out of them, even if they look a little worse for the wear. So the durability of the camera was the deciding factor.

Yes, the quality is not great-although I think you can change it to a higher resolution and perhaps the pictures would be better. I don't mind the quality of the pics (or lack there of)- and the perspective they give us is worth any grainy-ness we may get as a result. My DH and I look at the camera after the kids go to sleep and are always entertained by what they have used the camera for.

Other kids always want to use it when they come over too. I think it is well worth the money. I am going to break down and get a second one for my DD.

My DH and I look at the camera after the kids go to sleep and are always entertained by what they have used the camera for.

DH and I do the same with our son's...he has taken some hilarious pics of the dog and other random stuff. It cracks me up.

I know 3 people who had the FP one break within a month or two after receiving them for Christmas last year. My son's stopped working and he didn't even drop it or anything (FP happy to replace it though). Also, the viewfinder is totally off. Every picture has the heads cut off. At first, I thought it was just because it was a 3 year old taking the picture. Then I took a picture myself and realized that he was lining the picture up perfectly - the camera was off. You can get a better quality, smaller camera for much cheaper. It takes okay pictures outside in very well-lit situations, but inside pictures can be pretty bad - blurry, etc. A lot of distortion towards the edges, too.

This is an example of an outdoor pic he took with it:
685031209_61c5895014_o.jpg

Farther away pics look a little better:
685895262_8c30e1fd67_o.jpg

Inside, low-light pic with flash:
332742261_a16d59b884_o.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter