Kids consignment sale pricing

czycropper

DIS Veteran
I'm consigning some clothes at a local kids consignment sale that benefits our church and my problem is that I have no clue what to price the items, PLEASE HELP! We have to label and price everything.

I have the following:
bathing suits (I have 10 :scared1: both one piece & tankinis-only worn once, a couple weren't worn but the tags are off)
Gymboree shorts & tops (two outfits one piece still has the tags-yep, my DDs never wore them!)
Gymboree dresses
Justice jeans, skorts & tops
bikes

HELP!!! I have no clue how to price them. I want to price them to sell but at the same time I want for both the church & I to make some money - the consignor gets 70% of the sale price and the church 30%.

Thanks!

I do the same type of sale each Spring and Fall. I generally price things to what I would pay for them and I like a good deal. One thing to remember is at the one I put items in and the ones I go to there is waaaaaay more girl items than boys, I have a boy, so you might need to go a little lower on the prices to make someone want yours. On shirts I generally go $2 for good condition t-shirts from the mega stores and $3 on t-shirts from the clothing specific stores. Polo's from higher end brands $4. Shorts are $2-$3 and pants are $4-$6 depending on brand. Our sale also has a half price sale and some of my items sell then also. Guess it just depends on the market you are in and if you want to bring the stuff back home. My experience is also the items dotted not to go half price 75% of the time do not sell at all. So unless I'm willing to eBay it, I no longer mark it not to go half-off.

Good Luck!!!!

My average price for DDs clothes (and these were Gymboree and Justice for the most part) were $5 each and they all sold for the full price. Items from Penny's, Kohl's, etc... I price at $3. I'm not sure about swim suits, I've never sold one, so I can't really think of what a price would be on that. One thing I do, that seems to work, is to keep the outfit around the $9 range. For instance if I have a dress I might price it $9 but if it's a shorts/top set I'll price them at $5 each. I've also noticed that things marked $10 or above rarely sell, the exception to that were my DS's American Eagle shorts LOL

Thanks!

I've been pricing everything at either $2.00 for non-name brand t-shirt and $3.00 for Gap, Gymboree & Justice shirts and then $4.00 for Gymboree & Justice sets of top & shorts or skorts - am I underpricing? I really want the stuff to sell.

Another question - what is a reasonable price for the bikes? I put $10.00 on the smaller girl bike and $15.00 on the bigger bikes - what'cha think?

Thanks so much - DIS is the best :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts