Kidani vs Jambo Solo trip

gretabull

Mouseketeer
Hi! I’m trying to plan a last minute trip in August and I can choose from studio for 3 nights at Jambo vs a studio 5 nights at Kidani. It’s a solo trip and I have never stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge. It will be a low key trip where I’ll probably be spending more time at the resort than I usually do. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

If you can deal with the long hallways, I'd go with Kidani. In my opinion the views are much better there. One problem is that there is no quick service restaurant. Jambo has The Mara. Pools at both are nice, but depending on where you are at Kidani, it could be a long walk. Is it the availability that limits the nights? I'd always go for the longer stay.

Hi! I’m trying to plan a last minute trip in August and I can choose from studio for 3 nights at Jambo vs a studio 5 nights at Kidani. It’s a solo trip and I have never stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge. It will be a low key trip where I’ll probably be spending more time at the resort than I usually do. Any advice? Thanks in advance!
Is the length of stay because of availability or price? If it were me, I’d do the 5 days if everything else pricing wise, etc is fine. Just chilling at Animal Kingdom lodge is a great relaxing experience, definitely worth staying as long as possible

Last year I bought another 50 point direct AKL contract (got in at 178) to add to my 75 point resale. I am finding I enjoy hanging out at AKL more as I get older. I had tried to buy several small AKL contracts and lost them to other buyers and so just went direct. There don't seem to be a lot of small AKL contracts out there.

I have been really lucky getting prime rooms at Jambo lately also. In May I had 3 nights in the Club Level 1BDRM and next Jan I have 3 nights in a Value 1 BDRM followed by 1 night Club. The way that Club works you almost get two days out of a 1 night stay. You can go over the morning of your stay and start with breakfast and use the lounge the whole day after you check out.

I've done both resorts solo (several times at each, actually) and for me, it's a hard choice. Both resorts are great, but for solos, I'd probably give the slight edge to Jambo. That's because of its quick serve, Mara, being larger and having seating. However, both resorts are so close, and there's a little van that goes back and forth (or you can walk), it's really like one big resort. You can get Zebra Domes in the QS at either resort, and at Kidani, you can mobile order at Sanaa to take back to your room, sit on your balcony and eat.

I'd almost always take advantage of the extra nights and do Kidani! We actually tend to prefer many of the Kidani rooms anyway. My recommendation is to stay at Kidani, but request a room either in the Zazu or Timone sections, which are located closer to Jambo. From there, it's a simple walk to the Kidani lobby, pool, and buses. It's also a short walk to the dining and shopping options at Jambo - some of the best resort dining on property, in our opinion. You also have access to a second beautiful pool at Jambo. The truth is, you don't have a bad option - Kidani and Jambo are both amazing places to stay and relax!

If you can deal with the long hallways, I'd go with Kidani. In my opinion the views are much better there. One problem is that there is no quick service restaurant. Jambo has The Mara. Pools at both are nice, but depending on where you are at Kidani, it could be a long walk. Is it the availability that limits the nights? I'd always go for the longer stay.
Yes… it’s the availability for the time I can go in August… I’m weighing longer stay vs convenience… thanks!

I've done both resorts solo (several times at each, actually) and for me, it's a hard choice. Both resorts are great, but for solos, I'd probably give the slight edge to Jambo. That's because of its quick serve, Mara, being larger and having seating. However, both resorts are so close, and there's a little van that goes back and forth (or you can walk), it's really like one big resort. You can get Zebra Domes in the QS at either resort, and at Kidani, you can mobile order at Sanaa to take back to your room, sit on your balcony and eat.
I am leaning towards Jambo just because it’s my first time being at AKL…. But if there is a quick serve at Kidani, then the longer stay is preferable. I need to eat gluten free and I won’t be going to the parks every day. Thanks!!!!

Are you looking at the same room type for both (eg both standard view)? If it's an availability issues could you do 3 nights at Jambo and 2 at Kidani so you get to experience both?
I’m looking at savannah view and the nights in both resorts overlap or else I would do a split stay. I’ll make my decision soon… thanks!!!!

I’m looking at savannah view and the nights in both resorts overlap or else I would do a split stay. I’ll make my decision soon… thanks!!!!
Again, the good news is you don't have a bad option - just 2 good ones to choose from! Whichever you choose will be a good decision! Then if you really like it, you try the other building some time in the future!

I have another trip booked at bay lake in November…. Just decided last minute to go in August for a more relaxing vacation… maybe just 1 park day. I am a fairly new DVC owner and I want to experience all of the resorts. Thanks for all of the advice!!!!

So is there now a quick service in Kidani? That's a game changer for me.

So is there now a quick service in Kidani? That's a game changer for me.
I think they’re talking about Johari Treasures at Kidani. They did have zebra domes in the past and you could fill up mug there, but no QS food that I’m aware of.

I ended up booking the 5 nights at Kidani Savanna view in August!!!! This will be more of a low key trip with only one or two park days. Thanks for all of the advice!!!!
I also waitlisted Jambo… I think it would be more convenient to have the quick service right there since I’m gluten free and most pool bars don’t have gluten free items. The Tuesday of my trip is the only date of no Jambo availability so I’m hoping that it opens up…. Anyone have any experience with getting a waitlist????

I ended up booking the 5 nights at Kidani Savanna view in August!!!! This will be more of a low key trip with only one or two park days. Thanks for all of the advice!!!!
Good plan! I was at Kidani in July (thanks to Covid, I'd ended up with points expiring August 1st). It was really nice to sit in the air conditioning and watch the animals.

The 5 night stay should be better. It's easy to get from Kidani to Jambo. The last time we stayed in Kidani, we would walk to the Mara in Jambo for meals. It is NOT a far walk - 5 minutes from the Zazu elevator; 10 minutes from the lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter