Kidani Village, Jambo House or AKL and why?

Dixiemom

DIS Veteran
Finally getting to book Animal Kingdom Lodge for late March but not sure which to book? Can’t afford the Savannah view room but that’s fine. I see there are price difference between the lodge and the villas and wonder why. Help!!

We stayed at AKL last September in the Jambo House. We did book a cash reservation for a DVC Villa room ( we needed a room with a microwave ). Hands down, I would book Jambo House. Here's why:
  • The lobby at Jambo House is stunning and really immerses you in the theme as soon as you enter the doors.
  • Dining options - Jiko, Boma and the Mara are all at the Jambo building. Kidani also has a QS location but it's smaller and if I remember correctly it shares space with a store.
  • Many places over at Jambo to view the animals as well as this is where the night vision experience is at too.
  • In most cases, Jambo House is the last resort stop for the buses on the way to the parks and the 1st drop off location on the return. If you have little one's this may be handy.
  • The hallways at Kidani are pretty long ( so are Jambo's but Kidani's seem longer ) so again, if you have little one's this may be a factor at the end of the night.
Pools are about the same ( both large with beautiful surroundings ).

We just got back from a week stay at Jambo and was very pleased and loved it! I originally booked Kidani and kept checking prices and low and behold one Sunday afternoon I found a room at Jambo for $125 total more then Kidani, I was a little suspicious so I called and the CM was indeed able to get the room at the quoted cost, she was even surprised. That said I would not hesitate in staying at either yea Jambo is by far more impressive in the lobby department but the rooms, from the pictures I have seen seem to be basically the same. Kidani seems a bit more personal and less crowded when we visited there during our stay......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!