Kidani Standard View Room

TagsMissy

It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.
Hi gang,

For those of you who have stayed in Kidani with a Standard View --- have any of you gotten a view of the pool? I am trying to work out if any of the Std View rooms will have Pool Views -- I am assuming they will considering the pool location.

Additionally for anybody whose stayed in a 1 or 2 BR do you have a photo of the living room with the sofa bed open? I am trying to visualize how much room we will have with the sofa bed open.

And to be a bit more of a pain, does anybody specifically in a 2BR have an image with both the sofa bed and the single bed opened? LOL I have an uncanny suspicion that all three kids may want their own bed and well why not?! They may as well be as comfortable as the adults this trip is as much for them as it is us ;) :goodvibes :rotfl:

Don't have the photos. Kidani has numerous standard view rooms that face the pool (a request that is not guaranteed). However, my understanding is that those rooms have not been occupied yet as they are among those to be opened in September.

There are 2 “beads” that are open that have some view of the pool, but it is little to the right side. It is definitely one of the nicest standard views in DVC.

IF you are 2 months out I would not be surprised if more “beads” are not open, when we were there in June you could walk into the rest of the unopen hallways and they looked very complete other than the number signage for the rooms, so there is a good possibility that more pool area rooms will be open.

bookwormde

Here is room 7805, which we stayed in last week. It's a Standard View 1 bedroom and overlooks the porte cochere. I don't have any pictures with the sleeper sofa and sleeper chair open, but here's one with them closed.

985660819307.jpg

We just moved the coffee table toward the balcony door and stacked all of the cushions on top of it. The foot-ends of the beds pretty much come together, but it worked out okay.

Here was our view from the balcony.

Porte cochere to the left:

906660819307.jpg

And fitness center off a ways to the right (the pool is further to the right of the fitness center):

708690029307.jpg

I shouldn't post it here, 'cause I'll have to fight you all for this room in the future, but we loved this location. It was close to the elevators to go down to the lobby, community hall, etc., and not too long of a walk to the Rafiki elevator to go down to the pool. We never heard a peep from any activity at the porte cochere (ME bus or otherwise).

I don't think there were many rooms open for business yet beyond ours. One time I saw bed parts in the hallway beyond us, so I'm sure they were assembling them in the rooms. Another morning I took a walk beyond the Rafiki elevator, never ran into any barricade or construction tape, but was met by a construction worker-guy who said, "can I help you sir?" in a tone that conveyed, "what the heck are you doing here?". He told me that none of those rooms were occupied yet and I was not supposed to venture beyond the Rafiki elevator.

I have a 2 bedroom booked for Dec. at Kidani and asked for a pool view. Of course they could not guarantee it but they did say that they had standard pool views. As for having a couch and chair open - we stayed in Jambo in a 1 bedroom and had both the couch and chair opened every night. We still had plenty of room to walk around, however, we did close them up every morning so we had a place to sit. Enjoy your trip!

See that bitty parking lot in the last picture? We stayed in the 1br almost directly opposite it (slightly to the right), the last 1br before the Rafiki elevator, therefore the last ones in the second "bead" up from the lobby. The studio portion was to the right, so the views from THAT balcony, a corner balcony, would be of the pool. We looked at the short-term parking lot ahead, the porte cochere over to the left, and the hut-like building housing the fitness room/bathrooms to the right.

It was fabulous for a standard view :)

See that bitty parking lot in the last picture? We stayed in the 1br almost directly opposite it (slightly to the right), the last 1br before the Rafiki elevator, therefore the last ones in the second "bead" up from the lobby. The studio portion was to the right, so the views from THAT balcony, a corner balcony, would be of the pool. We looked at the short-term parking lot ahead, the porte cochere over to the left, and the hut-like building housing the fitness room/bathrooms to the right.

It was fabulous for a standard view :)

LuckyMamaInDE, I see you're in Newark, DE. Would you happen to be related to Sampson, whom my kids met while at WDW?

For those of you who have stayed in Kidani with a Standard View --- have any of you gotten a view of the pool? I am trying to work out if any of the Std View rooms will have Pool Views -- I am assuming they will considering the pool location.
The part of the north wing that is directly across from the pool (third "bead" from the lobby) isn't open yet. It's scheduled to open in September. On our stay in early May we were in the second "bead" from the lobby and we couldn't see the pool from our balcony but we were on the lobby end of that bead. Those on the pool end could probably glimpse a bit of the pool through the trees. Our view was similar to glennbo123's and I thought we got one of the better Standard Views in Phase 1.

The part of the north wing that is directly across from the pool (third "bead" from the lobby) isn't open yet. It's scheduled to open in September. On our stay in early May we were in the second "bead" from the lobby and we couldn't see the pool from our balcony but we were on the lobby end of that bead. Those on the pool end could probably glimpse a bit of the pool through the trees. Our view was similar to glennbo123's and I thought we got one of the better Standard Views in Phase 1.

We were in room 7405 in the first bead on the other side of the porte cochere. I was very happy with that view for a standard room and I wold be happy to stay there again. We walked all the way down the wing of the hotel that is not yet complete until the hallway was blocked off. There may be a bit of a pool view for some rooms but I don't think there will be a whole lot to see. What is interesting is that there will be almost all savanna view rooms on the portion of the hotel that isn't opened yet-both sides will get a savanna view except they will be looking at different savannas.

We were in 7319 and were close to the pool. It's Rafiki section -- or at least we used the Rafiki elevator. It was GREAT! Our room was between the lobby and the entrance to the pool. It was a HC 1-bedroom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter