Kidani Savannah View - what to expect

KEMdisney

DIS Veteran
Just booked our stay in a 1 bedroom villa at Kidani Village/ Savannah View. I'm curious what to expect as far as animals go. I did a search but wasn't very successful. It seems there are some savannahs that have giraffes/zebras, and others that don't. How do you know which Savannah you'll be at? Is it just luck. Is there one savannah thats preferred over others?

I'd love to hear anything about Kidani Village!

Also, an anyone point me in the direction of some Kidani pictures??!!?? Super excited for this trip, we have never been to AKL! I'd love to get a sneak peak!

Sunset Savannah is the main savannah at Kidani Village and Pembe is the smaller one. I've heard Pembe savannah doesn't have as many animals but I've never stayed there. There are giraffes, zebras, wilderbeast, cattle, ostriges, and many other animals. It really just depends where you're staying as to which animals you'll see. But we saw more animals when we stayed on the right side by the elevators. I would also recommend eating at Kidani Village and getting the bread with the accompiaments. It is one of my favorite resturants and you won't be dissapointed! Hope that helped! :cool1:

We had a Sunset Savanna view last week and had great fortune in viewing these animals:

6 zebras, 4 giraffes, eland, ankole cattle, roan antelope, wildebeest, ostriches and other fowl. We were in Jambo on Kudu Trail with a great view of Kidani. You may want to call and put in a request for a Sunset Savanna view.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom at Kidani last August and loved our Sunset Savannah view. I can't remember what room number it was but we were on the third floor and close to the pool. It was perfect!
In the evenings we saw the antelope, big cattle (sorry don't know specific animal names) sleeping right outside our balcony. They moved on in the mornings and when it got hot we only had different types of birds hanging around. Then throughout the day we had giraffes come by, ostriches, zebras, even rabbits. We really enjoyed the variety and the peaceful nature of this resort. The pool was great too!
Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter