Keys to the Kingdom/The trip of a lifetime!

DH and I thought about surprising the kids and not telling them until time to leave, but realized that the anticipation of this trip would be half the fun! So while they were at school, I went to the store and bought two suitcases. We travel, but we're usually a road trip family... They needed luggage that was on wheels to pull through the airport. This was their first time to fly!

So after dinner that evening, we let them finish their homework. We figured not much concentrating would go on after we told them! :rotfl2:
Earlier in the day, I had found the press release from June that talked about the sweepstakes. It is the one posted on many sites. We called the kids into the family room and I began reading...."Ever wish you could have the Magic Kingdom all to yourself? Well, one lucky family will get to do just that..." popcorn::

About this time, I look at my DS and anyone who has a 13 year old knows that he was wondering why he had to stop playing video games for this :rolleyes1
Of course, DD says..."How cool would that be?"

So I skimmed through the text and just read the parts that would give a big build up and then my DH, in his best announcer voice booms "And the winner is...The Spangler Family!" :cheer2:

I'll tell you, I would have given a large sum to have someone snap a picture at that moment. I have not seen that much animation on my DS's face in 6 months! :yay:
He was like..."We won? Are you serious?"
He was so excited that he just couldn't contain his emotion... jumping out of his chair for a hug! :jumping3:
DD was doing jumping up and down and singing, "We're going to Disney World!" :Pinkbounc

The suitcases came out of the closet and they realized that we were going to get to fly this time. This was cause for another round of excitement! :woohoo:

It really was incredible! I still didn't truly believe that this wonderful thing was happening to us! :earboy2:
This was real Disney magic!
Then reality kicked in...so much to do in so little time!!! Usually, I have a year to get ready for Disney...this time just a few weeks! :crazy:

Stay tuned...our countdown begins :wave2:

minnierocks said:
DH and I thought about surprising the kids and not telling them until time to leave, but realized that the anticipation of this trip would be half the fun! So while they were at school, I went to the store and bought two suitcases. We travel, but we're usually a road trip family... They needed luggage that was on wheels to pull through the airport. This was their first time to fly!

So after dinner that evening, we let them finish their homework. We figured not much concentrating would go on after we told them! :rotfl2:
Earlier in the day, I had found the press release from June that talked about the sweepstakes. It is the one posted on many sites. We called the kids into the family room and I began reading...."Ever wish you could have the Magic Kingdom all to yourself? Well, one lucky family will get to do just that..." popcorn::

About this time, I look at my DS and anyone who has a 13 year old knows that he was wondering why he had to stop playing video games for this :rolleyes1
Of course, DD says..."How cool would that be?"

So I skimmed through the text and just read the parts that would give a big build up and then my DH, in his best announcer voice booms "And the winner is...The Spangler Family!" :cheer2:

I'll tell you, I would have given a large sum to have someone snap a picture at that moment. I have not seen that much animation on my DS's face in 6 months! :yay:
He was like..."We won? Are you serious?"
He was so excited that he just couldn't contain his emotion... jumping out of his chair for a hug! :jumping3:
DD was doing jumping up and down and singing, "We're going to Disney World!" :Pinkbounc

The suitcases came out of the closet and they realized that we were going to get to fly this time. This was cause for another round of excitement! :woohoo:

It really was incredible! I still didn't truly believe that this wonderful thing was happening to us! :earboy2:
This was real Disney magic!
Then reality kicked in...so much to do in so little time!!! Usually, I have a year to get ready for Disney...this time just a few weeks! :crazy:

Stay tuned...our countdown begins :wave2:

This is the best story!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you and tearing up all over again just reading this! What an awesome, special, magical thing!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes
I am looking forward to all of the details that you are willing to share.
Any pictures will just be the icing on the cake, too.
Seriously, thank you for taking your time to share with all of us!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing your trip report with us, I can't wait to read more.

Also, does anyone have a link for the GMA clip, I'd love to see it and can't find it on their website.

Okay...I'm beside myself waiting for the details of your trip! I'm such an idiot...in tears while reading this to my DH.. :blush:

That is so awesome :banana: I am tearing up reading this. How much fun would that have been telling your sons. Cannot wait to read all about your trip! popcorn::

minnierocks said:
popcorn::

Ah, yes, I know the attitude well. :rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear more.

And how weird is it to see your picture in someone else's signature?! You're a celebrity now! ;)

stampinshauna said:
Thanks for sharing your trip report with us, I can't wait to read more.

Also, does anyone have a link for the GMA clip, I'd love to see it and can't find it on their website.

I don't have the link to the clip from GMA, however I do have this:
http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/disney/25613/
It is better than the GMA clip, IMO. If you click on the link for the picture (on the right side of this page) of them walking with Minnie on the red carpet, it gives you a good long video.
Oh Minnierocks! Just watching this again made me cry. It is so wonderful!
Congratulations again!!!!!!!!!!

First let me start by saying that Im jealous. I hate you :rotfl2: :rotfl2: No just kidding about the hate part.

I read your story online. What a fantastic surprise. I cant wait to here all about the special trip. Every detail please.

Oh I almost forgot welcome to the DIS! You will be hooked before you hit 50 posts :banana:

Kerri :wave:

Wow, how cool. My eyes are teary just reading your last post. I can't wait to hear more about your trip. I remember being in one of the shops hiding as your family walked down mainstreet, a few of us had tears in our eyes thinking how amazing and wondering what you were thinking as you walked down an empty mainstreet. I'll be checking back for the rest. Thanks again for sharing your trip with us.

Thanks for the link.

Minnierocks, I can't wait to hear more about your trip. Thanks for sharing your experience with all of us!

2angelsinheaven said:
Wow, how cool. My eyes are teary just reading your last post. I can't wait to hear more about your trip. I remember being in one of the shops hiding as your family walked down mainstreet, a few of us had tears in our eyes thinking how amazing and wondering what you were thinking as you walked down an empty mainstreet. I'll be checking back for the rest. Thanks again for sharing your trip with us.

What section were you in? I was in Section 1. That has been one of my favorite memories so far.

Wow that is incredible! I am so happy for you! We never win anything, but you give me more hope that I should continue entering those sweepstakes. My daughter would go absolutely BONKERS if we won the stay in the CInderella castle!

I'am so happy for you.
That would be my dream come true.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. There hasn't been this much excitement in NE Ohio since Tuffcookie won a trip to WDW from one of the local TV stations. You guys rock.

I just looked at the link and got goosebumps all over!! (plus I started crying - I am so happy for you!! :grouphug: )

How exciting - can't wait to read all about your trip - thank you SO much for sharing your wonderful experience!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!