Key West stuff

snelsonbrown

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this wo
I just wanted those that are going on the Western after June 26th, to know that Norm and I will be going to Key West at that time and since there will be no family down there for me to take care of anymore etc - I can be a "tourist" for the first time in 68 years - anyhow I intend to use this time to really see what all I can come up with - I do intend to visit most of the stuff advertisied and see what is good and what isn't - I hope to find some type of gift/tee shirt shop that I feel is worth my ok and not rip-offs - I hope that this trip will go as I am planning - the reason I am writing this early is that I do not know if anyone wants me to check out anything in particular - also wait until I come back to send for the pamplets etc for I hope I have more to offer -
If there are any questions, you can write me at snelsonbrown@aol.com - as I have said many times in the past - there are no strings attached to these offers - this is to benefit you while you are a guest in my hometown.
Thanks for all the kind words so many have said about the shop - I still enjoy my "job" -
God bless each and all.
Always
Shirley and Norm
:earsgirl: :earsboy:

Thank you so much Shirley for being so considerate!

We will be down there for the 7-night Western cruise in October. I'll have to ask my wife what she may want to know more about to check with you.

Thank you!

Have a wonderful and well deserved "vacation". I will be in the Cape Canaveral/Melbourne/Vero Beach area on a job seeking venture during the first week of July - will you be back in the shop by then? I'd love to stop by to say hello.

With Affection,
Dawn Hope

Shirley - you are our angel! Thanks! It will be interesting to see how you enjoy being a "tourist" at KW!

Could you please repost or explain why we should not give handouts to the panhandlers there for some of our newer members?

Thanks!

Rae

Shirley,

will you be in Key West on July 3rd? I will be there for that day, and i would love to see you! Thanx for all that you do for DIS folks!

Hey there - I love it when folks ask me about my hometown :cool:
Paul - the pamplets, coupons etc are super helpful due to the fact I also include a map of key west and you can sorta route your way around - you do not have to order baskets, you don't have to pay me a millions bucks for it - nothing is required except you do the hard work by suppling the stamps and self addressed envelope -
Dawn that is great you are coming down this way - I will be at the shop on July 1st so please make it a point to come by and if Norm and I can help in any way - we are here ok?
Rae as for the panhandlers in Key West - they have become so aggressive that the city is asking that they not be helped - they are helping them, but many have decided they can make more on the streets than the city helping them - each time I am down there, I am almost run over with them and if fact had one blast me out cause I wouldn't help him out with monies after I offered to buy him lunch - I have compassion for them but I will not enable them any longer -
Prymsu - how come you are going to be in Key West July 3rd - write me or please call me at the shop - is this a vacation or business - darn it I sure wish i could be there, but unfortunalty I have to come home here - what are your plans etc? man oh man I sure could have shown you around - oh well maybe another time.
Well time to get ready for that awesome cup of cuban coffee and my morning paper.
Hugssssss to all of you from me and norm.
With love
Always
Shirley

Shirley,

I was just going to be there for the day on a RCCL cruise...

Oh well, I can always hope there is a next time, and that you will be in Key West when i stop there.

Did your Uncle pass away? I know that in the past i have read that you were going to Key West to check on him.

God Bless ya Shirley!

Shirley,

We bought our tees at Crazy Shirts on Duval. There's actually two of them, one closer to port and one closer to southern point. Not too many other places with 'typical tourist' type shirts, and those that were didn't look too good.

Again thanks for that tip on the grocer- that is really a nice place! We also thought the Butterfly Conservatory was very cool :)

Thanks Shirley - I believe we are all compassionate people but need to realize the problem that the residents of Key West are now facing with the panhandlers. Thanks for the info again!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter