Key West CVS question

Vegaslover

Mouseketeer
Hello,
If I buy beer at the CVS in Key West, how do I carry it onto the ship? Does it need to be in a cooler or can I just carry it on in the grocery bag provided by CVS? And, how much can I bring back on board? is a case too much?

Hello,
If I buy beer at the CVS in Key West, how do I carry it onto the ship? Does it need to be in a cooler or can I just carry it on in the grocery bag provided by CVS? And, how much can I bring back on board? is a case too much?

DCL is one of the very few cruiselines that currently allow booze to be brought onboard. Many other cruiseline's will confiscate it as you board and return it to you post cruise.

Basically you can carry it on in any way you wish, as long as its 'safe' not broken and will fir through the x ray scanner on the ship.

As above, no limit...you can carry it on in the grocery bag. They have pretty good selection of wine as well.

There is also a small shop between the ship and about a block or so before CVS where we bought some beer and wine....they fly a British Flag outside and also have a wooden indian out front (if I can remember correctly).

MJ

How close is this to the ship? I am thinking this would be a good place to pick up some Diet Pepsi for me. Thanks!

How close is this to the ship? I am thinking this would be a good place to pick up some Diet Pepsi for me. Thanks!

About a 10 minute walk from the ship. You exit the ship and walk through the Westin Key West Hotel grounds (you will pass a bunch of shops right by the ship) out onto Front Street. Make a left and just follow that road a few blocks. CVS is actually on Duval Street but you can't miss it if you just follow Front Street down to Duval.

MJ

Thanks for the info! Only a little more than a year of waiting for us - can you tell i am excited :yay:

We also bought a case of bottled water at this CVS to take back to the ship. It sure beats paying the high price for bottled water onboard!!!!!

Good info! We were curious about the same thing. OR Vegaslover- you can just carry whatever you buy back to my stateroom, since we are on the same cruise. We are not picky.:rotfl:

Good info! We were curious about the same thing. OR Vegaslover- you can just carry whatever you buy back to my stateroom, since we are on the same cruise. We are not picky.:rotfl:

Not a bad idea! It could be one of your FE gifts from me! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter