Key West Ballroom

pinkmiss3

Mouseketeer
Has anyone used this ballroom for their reception? I plan on having a small reception so this room seems perfect. But I am not sure if its too small. I should have 20-25 guests and I don't want a big room that might feel empty, but I also don't want it to be too small.

The room may be a little tight with 25 guests, but Disney wouldn't let you use it if it didn't have the capacity for your group. Here are some pix, in case you haven't seen it...

DSC09474.jpg

DSC09475.jpg

DSC09473.jpg

thanks lurkyloo! :)
The final guest count is 19 plus the 2 of us, which comes to 21. Which other site would you recommend for a party this size.

i'm sure your choices would depend on what all you want to do at your reception (eating vs. dancing?) and what type of set up you envision? like one big long table or small tables and a sweetheart table?

i'm sure the options are endless!

We really don't plan on dancing at the reception, well except for the song I dance with my grandfather and the one I dance with my future husband. :cool1: I think the two tables might work. I was on the disney site and they have a set up with 2 tables and a sweet-heart table. I'm just nervous that we will feel cluttered.

We are doing the Whitehall Room for a group of 30ish. It's a nice sized room and of interesting architecture and decor and it has a max of like 50? Well it seems to be able to hold varying sizes of people and not look super tiny or anything

I really like the Whitehall room, and I am leaning more towards that one. I called DFTW a couple of days ago and the took my basic info, they said they would call in 2-3 days. Well tomorrow is day 3 so I hope they call! Do you know what the process is like when they call back. Thank you!!!

here is the deal IMHo - and this is why these boards are super! - although in truth, DFTW has pretty much been to the letter perfect in their timely-ness - i always found it seemed like FOREVER until we heard back or got an answer or what not. some people hear back like in 2 seconds, but not us! anyways, if you are in the wee beginning stages, there is ALOT that goes on before anything is for sure, 100% confirmed - even if you BEG to give them tons of money! - but don't let that freak you out!

keep reading and perusing and check out carrie's podcast and passporter books in addition if you haven't already or if i didn't already say that! even when you talk to someone (and it is weird holiday time?) there are still timelines at which things are confirmed, so totally do not let that freak you either! when we talked to our sales person, we got lots of info and had several contacts. then you wait a whole bunch again while it seems like everyone else is doing all kinds of things! but, again, don't worry!

keep looking through planning journals - you will see lots of cool stuff and get lots of ideas, which is good!

again, i really dig our venue and am so excited! i've had similar concerns about venue size and group size, but whitehall is a very safe choice!!

so good luck and welcome!

These boards have helped sooooo much! I bought the book and I listen to the weekly podcast. That has helped me so much. We were going to have an Escape wedding but with everything we want it came to the price of a Wishes wedding. Because we listen to the podcast we learned so many money saving tips. Our plan (and I hope it all works out) is to get married at the Wedding Pavilion at 10:00 AM then have the reception at the Whitehall Room, and then at night have a dessert party at the Morocco Pavilion.
It seems like these past couple of days have gone by so slow. I hope they call tomorrow. I kind of feel like a crazy person, because everywhere that I go I have my phone out, because I don’t want to miss the call. I understand that it’s a process but I am calling after the 12 month mark and I really want to secure the date.
Thanks again for all the info :) and congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!!!

I had 17 guests originally and was told the Key West room would struggle with that capacity, we had our reception in Ariels and loved it :)

We had 17 of us in total this past July for our wedding and had booked the Key West Room for our dinner on the suggestion of our planner. She thought the room was the perfect size for our group.
When we checked it out the day before, we loved the room. The chandelier is beautiful and we were able to save money on the floral and just use what we bought for the ceremony as the room is smaller.
Unfortunately, just before dinner we were told that because Franck's was closed for their renovation this summer they were using the Key West Room for meetings with future couples and we had been upgraded to the Whitehall Room. Don't get me wrong - it is a beautiful room, but for 16 people (4 of which were children under the age of 9), AND the fact that the smalll amount of floral arangements looked silly in such a large space, we were dissappointed. I wish we were told this when we arrived 3 days earlier and we could have seen the room and maybe ordered some more flowers to properly dress the room. It looked like we went cheap on the decorations :sad2:
IMO - with 19 guests, the Whitehall room is quite large and has more of a standard wedding reception feel. I think the Key West Room will still give you lots of space and it's nice and cozy :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter