Key West Aquarium

wendyk

Disney Lover
Anyone ever been here? Looking for someting to do with a 19 month old and an 8 year old. Other than this and the train tour, is there anything else?

Thanks,
Wendy

Hello Wendy,
This is Shirley and a long time conch - that is I was born and raised in Key West.
First the aquarium is a nice thing for kids - unfortunalty there isn't too much for children to do in Key West - it is geared for adults -
Even tho the conch train is an awesome way to learn about Key West - I believe it isn't enough to hold children's interest - i understand a butterfly farm is going to be opening up further away from Mallory Square, but I do not know when - I will be going down soon to check up on my family and when I get back will have pamplets and more information which I share with the cruisers. Just drop me a note at snelsonbrown@aol.com in a few weeks and will advise you as to when I will be down there.
Meanwhile have a great time getting ready for your cruise.
Always
Shirley

Wendy, my DD (9) and husband went to the Key West Aquarium while I explored the city and she enjoyed it. They have a touch tank, which she loves, and although it is a small aquarium it was worth the nominal admission cost. :)

We went and our DS (9) LOVED it, they do have the touch tank as Michelle mentioned but better was the feedings, it is posted on their website when they do it, I think we went there sometime between 1-2 but you get to see them hand feed sharks etc. You can pet a baby shark and photo it. The coolest for me was seeing a saw fish (well just it's "saw") at feeding time, I have never seen anything like it. The price was very reasonable and you get a discount for being on a cruise ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter