Key and camera at the pool/beach?

SUZI

Mouseketeer
I know it's a silly question, but what do you do with your room key and camera while at the pool or at Castaway Cay?

We always left our keys (on lanyards) and my camera on the chairs both at the pool and Castaway Cay. At CC I had a small tote bag and put everything in there and kept in on the chair with our t-shirts and/or towels placed over it. We never had a problem at all.

room key/etc. small items in a card sized (but thicker) waterproof container on a string necklace thing (man that's harder to explain than it really is!) around my neck- camera in our bag on a chair. But I usually keep it pretty close to where I am spending most of my day on the beach whie youngest DD dwindles my CC day away playing in the sand.
:lmao:

Thanks!
I forgot about lanyards! Yikes, another thing to buy and I leave in 2 weeks

room key/etc. small items in a card sized (but thicker) waterproof container on a string necklace thing (man that's harder to explain than it really is!) around my neck- camera in our bag on a chair. But I usually keep it pretty close to where I am spending most of my day on the beach whie youngest DD dwindles my CC day away playing in the sand.

I think what you are talking about is called a drybox. But be careful I ordered my off ebay and it said it had a neck string, there is no way that string is long enough to go around anyones neck but it can be wrapped around a wrist. We leave today for our first Disney Cruise:banana:

Do you have any particular brand or website for the waterproof lanyards? We were wanting something like that. We like the Passporter Pouches, and were leaning toward those, but those are not completely waterproof. So, any recommendations would be appreciated.

They may be a little more expensive but they do sell these on the ship. It has a little rubber gasket to seal out the water.

They may be a little more expensive but they do sell these on the ship. It has a little rubber gasket to seal out the water.

Our Wal-Mart sells them in the luggage/travel section - I remember seeing them when I was buying new luggage tags this past summer.

You can buy the hard cases at Dicks Sporting Goods, Gander Mountain, Bass Proshops, and those types of places. We have some of these, but prefer the "soft" kinds.

If you google waterproof wallet, you'll find several sites. We carry a little flexible plastic pouch that easily fits in the pocket of our swim shorts/trunks and anchors to the key hook of our shorts. (We buy water shorts at Lands End just because they fit our "port" lifestyle.) This way, it feels like a wallet and works great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter