Kennedy Space Center

dizzyr

DIS Veteran
My daughter (20) and I will be spending a day at Kennedy Space Center at the end of our trip as part of a cruise transfer to the airport. The description says we will have several hours for self exploration (I'm estimating 4-5). What are our must do's? We are doing 4 days at Disney and then a 6 night cruise so I imagine we will be tired by the last day so if there are great spots to sit and take it all in or people watch I'd love to know about those too :)

KSC has a good website- that will help plan your must do’s. If you’re an AAA member get your tickets through them. We saved at least $12 per ticket last June.

Kennedy space centre is great! We took my kids for two days in January. If I only had 4-5 hours I would make sure to prioritize the Shuttle experience building and getting on the bus tour to see the Saturn V (it’s all included in your ticket). I found the KSC website confusing but the actual place wasn’t. Happy to answer any questions.😄

Agree the bus tour is definitely worth it. You should have plenty of time to see everything. It's not terribly crowded. The IMAX movies are fun too.

KSC is a great post-cruise excursion. The only problem is there is too much to do! I recommend the bus tour, the iMax shows, and displays. It is interesting for the entire range of ages and genders. I’ve always closed it down.

My daughter (20) and I will be spending a day at Kennedy Space Center at the end of our trip as part of a cruise transfer to the airport. The description says we will have several hours for self exploration (I'm estimating 4-5). What are our must do's? We are doing 4 days at Disney and then a 6 night cruise so I imagine we will be tired by the last day so if there are great spots to sit and take it all in or people watch I'd love to know about those too :)
Kennedy space centre is great fun. As you said you have 4 or 5 hours spare just to let you know Kennedy space centre looks a lot more bigger than it looks in the pictures and on YouTube. I went last year for a day out and I was worried there weren't going to be much there but when I got there it was a lot more bigger than I thought it was and it's more bigger now because they got a new museum called gateway.
Anyway here are my favourite things to do.
Sliding down the NASA slides
Riding the simulator shuttle launch experience.
There's a movie theatre in the Shuttle Atlantis building which is on 4 walls and the roof and it's actually like as you in space and you see the star ship land them the doors open and the star ship is there and it's magical.
Gateway museum (New)
Rocket Garden
Get the free Kennedy space centre bus to the Appollo.
Watch the pre recorded show of the control room at the Appollo.
Imax theatre
ISS Triumph of technology crawling through activity
And there's lot's more to enjoy.
It's very difficult to do everything within 4 or 5 hours.

Thanks everyone for the input, I'm getting very excited about it. I'll make a list of must do's and want to do's and plan for the must do's and hope for the want to do's!

Just wondering. How do you get from the cruise ship to KSC and then to the airport?
TIA

Kennedy space centre is great fun. As you said you have 4 or 5 hours spare just to let you know Kennedy space centre looks a lot more bigger than it looks in the pictures and on YouTube. I went last year for a day out and I was worried there weren't going to be much there but when I got there it was a lot more bigger than I thought it was and it's more bigger now because they got a new museum called gateway.
Anyway here are my favourite things to do.
Sliding down the NASA slides
Riding the simulator shuttle launch experience.
There's a movie theatre in the Shuttle Atlantis building which is on 4 walls and the roof and it's actually like as you in space and you see the star ship land them the doors open and the star ship is there and it's magical.
Gateway museum (New)
Rocket Garden
Get the free Kennedy space centre bus to the Appollo.
Watch the pre recorded show of the control room at the Appollo.
Imax theatre
ISS Triumph of technology crawling through activity
And there's lot's more to enjoy.
It's very difficult to do everything within 4 or 5 hours.
Hello again I'd like to add at Kennedy space centre depends on date you are going you can meet an Astronaut someone like Ken Cameron or Sam Gemar. Sometimes they have launches have a look on the Kennedy space centre website to see if there's anything on the day of your visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter