Keeping pins attached to your lanyard??? And lanyard style suggestions for kids?

KathyR

Happy DVC Member
I have been thinking about letting my kids (7 and 5) try pin trading this visit.

My question is: How do you keep your pins attached to your lanyard? The backs of the pins are not really secure as I have had them fall off before. I figure kids move around alot more than I do, so I would think they would be quicker to fall off of a child. I can hear it now... "Mom, I lost a pin!" followed by a very sad look on thier face or even possibly tears if it was their favorite! Any suggestions??

Also.... How much do the lanyards cost in the parks? And, where is the greatest selection (esp. for kids)? Or are they just everywhere? Any lanyard recommendations for a little girl and boy along w/where to find them?

Thanks in advance for your help!

My 9 year old cousin just started pin trading on our trip last week. We only had one pin fall off the lanyard. After that, all the keepers went into the fanny pack, and not on the lanyard!

The rubber backs, not shaped like Mickey, seem to work the best. They also sell pin locks, but I have not used them.

They sell lanyards all over the parks. My cousin, (9 year old girl) bought a pink one. They also sell sets with a lanyard and 4 pins in the parks, one set is Toy Story, one is Princesses... they also sell similar sets at the Disney Stores.

The plain lanyard cast $8-$9, the set was $15-$20, I think the ones at the Disney Stores were $15.

Hope your kids enjoy trading as much as Koni did!

They also sell locking pin backs which come in a packet of 12. They are $8.50 per pack and utilize a wrench (which comes with the locks) to secure them to your lanyard.

Lisa

Where do they sell locking pin backs? I have asked at the parks about securing pins and only found the rubber ones.

I think I bought the locking pin backs at the new Pin Tower in DTD. If you call the WDW Merchandise number, you can probably order them.

That number is: (407) 363-6200.

Lisa:cool:

We have a trip in 41 days and we will try to find them then.
wdw4us2 thanks for the info we will look for them in the store you suggested.

Hi!

I use the gold ribber pin backs that they have for sale on Dizneypins.com. You can get them really cheap. They also sell the locking pin backs there.

hope this helps!

Michael

If you want locking pin backs, I am a dealer for PinSavers. You can e-mail me if you would like more information.

Jeff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter