Keeping cool with a scooter

njpsteacher

Mouseketeer
Traveling in the heat with 2 scooters. Besides cool wraps, has anyone had any success in staying cool under that hot florida sun while scooting through the parks? I was thinking of one of those battery operated clip fans?

I haven't been to WDW in forever, but for Disneyland I purchased a small battery operated fan and zip tied it to my basket at it worked wonderfully. It was about 6 or 7 inches square and had a couple of speeds.

Personally, I just do the same things I would if I were walking -- keep a cold drink at hand, wear as little clothing as possible and lots of sunblock, and hide in the air conditioning as much as I can! I always have a beach towel folded up on the seat so I don't have to worry about sitting on boiling hot leather, but other than that there's not much to do that's specific to using a scooter. There are canopy tops you can rent or buy, but the humidity is so oppressive in Orlando that being in the shade really doesn't help with the heat. It can help if you need to avoid direct sun for medical reasons. It doesn't do much for the actual temperature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts