Keep Standard View at Yacht Club? Or Upgrade?

cooperams

Earning My Ears
Family of 6 with 2 standard View rooms booked. We will request connecting rooms, but our biggest priority is to be in the area of Stormalong Bay. We have little ones and will be using the pool daily. know we won't have a view of the pool with this room category, but it looks like some of the rooms that face the parking lot are across the hall from Rooms with Stormalong Bay view. Do I have a better chance of getting this request met with Standard view rather than upgrading to garden view?

I doubt that upgrading will give you any better chance of being near the pool than what you already have. Be sure your room request says "connecting rooms and near Stormalong Bay". That tells the room assigner what is important to you.

I would think that asking to be close to the elevator would give you the closest access to SAB. There aren't any stairways that open near SAB, so you would have to take the elevator from whatever view you chose, anyway. So you might as well stay in your SV room and request a room close to the elevator. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I would think that asking to be close to the elevator would give you the closest access to SAB. There aren't any stairways that open near SAB, so you would have to take the elevator from whatever view you chose, anyway. So you might as well stay in your SV room and request a room close to the elevator. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Really, really good point! :thumbsup2

A room by the elevators will give you the best access to SAB at the YC. Come down, walk inside past the steak place and you will come out right by the beautiful children's section of SAB. I find the YC has better pool access than the BC.

One caution on being near an elevator: We were very close to one at AKL and heard it thumping up and down and dinging late into the night. And people were often noisy in the hallway early in the morning and late in the night waiting for the thing, oblivious to those of us who like to sleep in on vacations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter