Hello all,

Our honeymoon is booked for June 30, 2020-July 11, 2020. We are doing a week in the parks and 5 nights on the Disney Dream. Even though I know that everything is subject to change with our current state, I was just wondering if we should consider switching to either be near a resort that is closer to the parks or opting out of club level. I heard through these message boards that right now the club level fast pass program is not accepting reservations at this time. Truthfully, this was a huge reason why we decided to go with club level because we wanted the ability to take advantage of this program. We will be doing the deluxe dining plan, so we would probably not take much advantage of the club level refreshments to make it worth it. Would it be better for us to switch to a monorail resort (we are booked at AKL CL SV right now) to save time? Are there other perks that I am not thinking of right now? If we PIF and things are still the same and the parks are back open but CL FP program is no longer, do you think they would work with us to switch if we really wanted to do non-club level or switch to a different resort? What do we think?

Sorry for all of the questions. Wishing everybody magic and love during these crazy times! :disrocks::tinker:

Would it be better for us to switch to a monorail resort (we are booked at AKL CL SV right now) to save time? Are there other perks that I am not thinking of right now? If we PIF and things are still the same and the parks are back open but CL FP program is no longer, do you think they would work with us to switch if we really wanted to do non-club level or switch to a different resort? What do we think?
AKL is very close to AK but the most central resorts for most adult guests would be the Epcot area: YC / BC / Boardwalk due to their close proximity to 2 parks (Epcot / HS).

DSS will be back as soon as they can be but the paid Trial FP+ program may take a little extra time to be offered due to the backlog of guest requests.

Disney will always allow you to switch room types / resort selection as long as there is availability.

Dave

Last edited:
We super love CL but if you're doing DxDDP, no way I would do CL, it's just way too much. We've never done the extra FP, it's not that difficult to pull 4th, 5th, 6th, etc FP. For a honeymoon, BWI would be a great choice or YC. I would stay away from BC, it has a ton of families. Or WL is lovely.

The fiance really wanted to do Animal Kingdom Lodge. I love that resort, but it's so far from most of what we want to do.

I suppose that I'm okay with keeping everything in hopes that they will turn the CL FP back on once the parks reopen. Obviously nobody knows what will happen. I just wonder if they would work with us if we learned that club level fast pass will not be available and we are PIF.

I would do AKL, since that floats your fiance's boat. It is an awesome resort. I would not do Club Level in July, because quite honestly, it is self serve and with this virus going on I would not want to be touching the utensils and eating the uncovered food at this time. Also, having done the deluxe dining plan more than once (it is awesome!), there is no way that the club level plan works well with that. Way too much food and there really are not any other club level perks, aside the opportunity to buy more fast passes. While some may not think it is necessary (it is not), if you really were worried about how far away AKL is, I would just rent a car and drive myself to the parks. We drive our own car and used to use the transportation, but at Christmas we stayed at AKL (club level in fact) and we drove our car to the parks. Easy peasy and it was not a long drive and we will continue to do that in the future.

Enjoy your honeymoon!

I would do AKL, since that floats your fiance's boat. It is an awesome resort. I would not do Club Level in July, because quite honestly, it is self serve and with this virus going on I would not want to be touching the utensils and eating the uncovered food at this time. Also, having done the deluxe dining plan more than once (it is awesome!), there is no way that the club level plan works well with that. Way too much food and there really are not any other club level perks, aside the opportunity to buy more fast passes. While some may not think it is necessary (it is not), if you really were worried about how far away AKL is, I would just rent a car and drive myself to the parks. We drive our own car and used to use the transportation, but at Christmas we stayed at AKL (club level in fact) and we drove our car to the parks. Easy peasy and it was not a long drive and we will continue to do that in the future.

Enjoy your honeymoon!

The main reason that I went with club level was to take advantage of DSS and the fast pass program. I will probably talk to my TA about options because it may be worth taking the money that we would have spent on the CL FP days and getting a monorail resort instead.

And I hope that we are still able to have our wedding or this could be completely different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter