Keen sandals for my DS - best price?

lecach

<font color=darkorchid>Will not get out of bed unl
I saw lots of kids wearing Keen sandals at WDW last week and want to get some for my 4 year old. They are SO expensive though. Anyone know of any discounts or sales?

Depending on which model you or he wants, I have seen them for around $35 to $40 online. I think it was backcountry.com that had a few models in that price range. Other than that, I think your best bet is to find some local retailer, that has a coupon for % off and try to use that. I have noticed that some coupons specifically exclude certain brands, Keen usually being one of them.

Good luck! We own both Keen and Teva sandals and love both of them. I have open air Tevas that I absolutely love for everything, except where open toes are a problem. They are cooler and more comfortable to me than my Keens. But, my wife likes her Keens better. To each his own, they are both great!

rei.com sometimes has them in their Outlet section.

Honestly though, DS is 11, and has gotten a new pair of Keens every summer since he was 6. After the 1st year, I never once balked at the price. He was allowed to wear them to Y Camp because the toes were covered, and he literally wore them every single day.

I would throw them in the washing machine about once a week, and they still looked great at the end of the summer.

When my sons were that age I would take them to a store and find out the size I wanted (Keens can run a bit small...) and then buy them on Ebay for a fraction of the price. Often they hadnt been worn, or had very little wear. Also, I found them online on good sale - REI outlet and Sierra Trading post has had deals in the past.

I am a Keen freak - its all I wear at WDW and pretty much all summer. My whole family wears them - one by one we've fallen in :love: - for folks w/ bad backs and feet they are often a godsend.

Good luck!:thumbsup2

edited to add- I see while typing someone mentioned REI - sorry to repeat. :)

Well I found a red pair that would be around $15 with shipping on Ebay. I really wanted orange but DS's favorite color is red. And for the savings difference I might give them a try. Thanks everyone!

also not sure if anyone is aware...My new dog chewed through the draw cords of DH's Keen's (that he LOVES). I called Keen up to see if I could buy new cords and the guy said just give me your name and address and I will mail you a new set free of charge...I got them about a week later!!!!!

Well I found a red pair that would be around $15 with shipping on Ebay. I really wanted orange but DS's favorite color is red. And for the savings difference I might give them a try. Thanks everyone!

I just had to laugh about your 4 yr old getting BACON for Xmas from your MIL...WOW!!! is all I can say!!! Well no, at least your child got a xmas gift from your MIL...My kids got nothing and it was not from a lack of money either...:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter