Kaylee & Alan Caribbean Beach Oct/Nov 2000 - Day 14

KayleeUK

Still here.....
Kaylee & Alan’s Trip Report Day 14 – DVC, Magic Kingdom & California Grill

Day 14

Cast
Kaylee – aged 26, first time visitor to WDW
Alan – aged 28, second visit to WDW, first when he was 8

Had a bit of a lie in again this morning, finding it hard to get up now. When we looked out the window it was drizzling, we were surprised this was the first bit of rain we had seen during our whole two weeks.

At 9.10am the Disney Vacation Club (DVC) van came to pick us up and we drove over to the Boardwalk. As we entered the DVC ‘house’ we were offered coffee, OJ, muffins etc. We were then introduced to Jenna who talked us through the programme and we looked at the studio and rooms. Alan and myself were extremely impressed, Jenna gave us some information to take away to consider. She also told us that Boardwalk Villa’s were selling out that weekend and next up was Wilderness Lodge Villas (remember how I didn’t think much of WL) and then next up were the Yacht and Beach Club Villa’s – but they aren’t built yet. Because we had done this tour we were allowed 2 fast passes of our choice to use at the park we were visiting that day. Alan choose Buzz Lightyear and I choose Space Mountain. The DVC van then took us to the Magic Kingdom. Alan and myself were really hyped up about DVC so we got a coffee and muffin from a shop on Main Street and tried to discuss what we should do. As we were leaving tomorrow and the Boardwalk properties were running out that weekend we felt we wanted to decide now. Well within 10 minutes we decided ‘yes’, We used our fast passes on Buzz and Space and then headed for the DVC stand at the front of the park. The lady there organised a DVC van to come and get us and take us back to the Boardwalk.

When we arrived again we were offered coffee/juice and biscuits. Jenna came out to meet us and we had a few questions to ask her and then we signed our life away. Jenna organised for all the details we had been given to be sent to us, as there was no way all of this stuff will fit in our luggage. The DVC van took us back to The Magic Kingdom in time for the 3pm parade, we had a great spot too. The parade was great and we then grabbed some lunch at Casey’s and our pudding was a dole whip, yum, yum. We looked around adventureland a while and then decided we would spend some time on the monorails so we headed out of the park.

We got the monorail to Epcot and back and then to the Contemporary, we shopped a bit more and I brought more pin’s, we managed to get a Dixie Landings Pin, which we hadn’t been able to find anywhere. We had drinks at The Outer Rim lounge before we rode the elevator to the 15th floor for dinner at The California Grill. Wow, what a great view of the castle – there were no firework’s tonight which was a shame as we would have had a lovely view.

Alan had Curried Duck, followed by Tamarind fillet of Beef and finished off with Tangerine Sorbet. I had Four-cheese flat bread, followed by Veggie platter and finished off with Cinnamon Soufflé (yum,yum). We saw the Electrical Water Parade in the lake, I think there is music that goes with this if you were sitting on one of the beaches. We enjoyed the California Grill although it was very loud, we were also lucky to get a window seat.

We got the monorail to the TTC and then a bus to Downtown Disney followed by a bus to CBR (what a nightmare to get back from). We packed tonight and then started worrying at how much our excess baggage would cost.

Tomorrow :- CBR & Sanford.

Thanks for the wonderful reports - luv reading them!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter